The Liquid Liner Edit

10:00

Hey everyone!

Recently I've been getting into winged eyeliner again. I kind of forgot about it over the Summer, but the past few months I've been enjoying wearing it again and experimenting with a few different ones.

Today I want to run you through my liquid liners, which ones I enjoy and which looks to create with them.


NYC Liquid Liner - 888 Pearlized Black

I never thought I would get on with a liquid liner with a brush applicator, but here we are. I discovered this one through KathleenLights' YouTube tutorials, she used to use this one a lot. I think it's a great one for when you want a subtle liner, since this one doesn't dry to a pitch black at all. As the name suggests, it has a pearly sheen to it, which makes it a great everyday shade. I did a look using this one not too long ago, which you can read about here.

The Balm - Schwing

This is probably the first actual black liquid liner I ever tried after using felt tip pen liners all the time. The formula is very wet, but dries down quite fast. This one it dark as the night and has a matte finish. This literally won't move and is actually quite hard to get off in the evening. The applicator is quite interesting on this one, it almost feels like a rubbery tip but it's actually a felt-tip. I think the wet formula makes it feel like it's more plastic-y or something. I don't really know how to explain it, but you should definitely give it a go if you're into very intense black liquid liner!

Maybelline Master Duo

This one came into a set I picked up at the airport. I wasn't planning on ever trying it, but oh well, why the heck not. This liquid liner has a very interesting shape. The felt applicator has a flat round tip at the end, so you can use it in two ways: hold it horizontally to create a very thin line, or hold it vertically so it creates a very thick line. I think this liner could be a great one for graphic liner looks. It's matte, but not as matte as Schwing, and it's black, but not as intense as Schwing. It's a good in betweener and it stays on rather well.

Mac Superslick Liquid Eye Liner - Signature Blue

Okay, before I start ranting about this one, I just want to say I love this colour to death. It has a pearlized finish and is just such a pretty in-between blue shade. BUT. The formula on this is really not my favourite. I feel like you can't go over your line twice or it will rub off. The formula is quite wet and thick, but dries down very crumbly very quickly. It's a pain to get off in the evening and I have never been able to wear it more than a few hours because it starts to annoy me. I admit I haven't worn it in a hot minute, I'm considering to wear it in the future if I ever feel like it again, because the colour is really quite unique in my opinion, but the formula is just a pain in the ass. Such a shame because I love Mac eye pencils a lot, I had high hopes for the liquid liner when I bought this.

l'Oréal Super Liner Ultra Precision - Brown

I picked this up after looking for ages for an affordable brown eyeliner. I wish they would make their Perfect Slim felt tip liner in this shade because I adore that one, but I picked up this one instead. This also has a felt tip applicator - mine actually is a bit wonky but I can manage to work with it. The colour pay off is alright, the staying power is not amazing. I tend to wear this one more for evening looks, or when I know I won't be wearing my make up for very long. Apart from that, it's a great affordable coloured liquid liner and a brown liner is so much less harsh than a black one for everyday looks.

Swatches (left to right): NYC, The Balm, Maybelline, Mac, l'Oréal


Which liquid liners have been your favourites? Let me know down below! I'd love to discover some more beautiful ones.


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties