X-MAS WEEK: A Christmas Glam Make Up Look

10:00

Hey gorgeous!

So first things first: you might have seen on instagram already but I'm a blonde now! It's so different and I really have to get used to it, still, but with that out of the way, we can continue with our Christmas look.

With this look I went with quite neutral eyeshadows - but there's still some shimmer going on - and a bold winged eyeliner and two lip options: a red or berry lip, both quite bold and also very festive.

If you're not into bold looks, I did a neutral Christmas look a few days ago. Check it out!



After doing my foundation, concealer and powder, I'm going to warm up the skin with the Soap&Glory Solar Powder. This is such a pale one and is hard to go overboard with, so I'm just applying it all over my face. Because I wanted to go a bit more all-out with this look I decided to contour and highlight with the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze&Glow palette. I contour my cheekbones, around my forehead, down my nose and underneath the chin and jawbone. The highlighter goes on top of the cheekbones, in a C-shape up to the brows. To give the cheeks a rosy glow I'm using the MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush in Seductive Pink.

Because my hair is blonde now, I'm struggling to find the right shade for my brows. Their are still the same colour, but I don't want to fill them in too dark because it really doesn't suit my blonde hair right now. That's why I use the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and take the matte beige shade called Naked 2 to fill them in, then I go back over it with the two mate pale shades Foxy (yellow toned) and W.O.S. (pink toned) to make them lighter, blonder looking. This may sound weird, but I'm only just experimenting! I also set them down with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, which is not included in the picture.

For the eyes I'm starting with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin (also not included in the picture, I have a sample from the Naked palettes). This is just like the eyeshadow Sin, pale, champangey pink in shade and with a shimmery finish; which is a great base for the eyeshadow we're putting on next. I'm taking Mac Mythology eyeshadow, a romantic rosy champagne shimmery shade (but darker than UD Sin) and bringing this all over the lid. To blend it out in the crease I'm going in with Urban Decay Naked 2, the same I used before on the eyebrows. On the browbone I'm taking W.O.S. again, to highlight the area.

On the lower lashline I'm taking Naked 2 all over, then do the same with Mac Mythology, just to tie the look together and not leave it completely bare. Nothing too fancy.

I'm going for a bold eyeliner today so the one that popped into my head first was my The Balm Schwing. This is a deep, matte blacker than black eyeliner that stays put amazingly. I always go in with a felt tip liner first, as a guide line for the actual liquid liner, just to help me create the perfect wing. I'm not taking the wing too high up, I like the look of it being an extension of my lash line. I'm not taking it too far either, but if you like that look, you do you!

The mascara I'm using today is the l'Oréal False Lash Superstar mascara, with the primer on one end and the fiber mascara on the other. I'm starting to love this one more every time I use it. I'm also taking the mascara on the bottom lashes; I'm only using the primer on the top lashes to give them more volume.

Now for the two lip options: I think a classic red lip goes so well with this rosy toned look so for the first look I'm going in with the Bourjois Contour Edition Lip Liner in Cherry Boom Boom. This is a true bright red shade. Of course, any red lipstick will do, I was just planning on using it underneath the second lip option anyways. 



To darken up the lips you could go over the red lip liner with a berry lipstick, which is what I did. I used the Rimmel Kate lipstick in 107, which is a red toned berry lipstick. Very pretty on its own, but extra christmassy with the red lip liner underneath.



I'm totally obsessed with this look! What do you think? Let me know down below!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties