5 looks with Urban Decay Vice 4 palette | 2

10:00

Hey peeps!

Last week I started my series "5 looks with..." with the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette. If you haven't seen that one, you can check it out right here.

Two days ago the world lost a great musician. David Bowie's Ziggy look was one of the most recognisable make up looks ever. As a little tribute, I re-created this look for you today. Luckily the Vice 4 palette contains a few great bold shades that were just right for this look. I did not plan to do this look at first because I wanted to do quite wearable looks, but how could I not.

I might have gone a bit too wide with the bolt, but hey. I tried.
Hope you enjoy!



A quick rundown of the products I used for my base:

(I did try to do a very chizzled out look with dramatic rosy cheeks in quite a hurry, but as always my bloody camera just won't pick it up. Anyways.)

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in 31 Ivory, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 1 Fair for blemishes, Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit in Ivory for dark circles, Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Silky Beige for a matte finish.

Benefit Hoola for contour, Kiko Soft Touch Blush in 106 to rosy up the contour and blend out the edges, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft&Gentle for the dramatic highlight on the cheekbones and nose. (Sorry you can't see it, if anyone has any tips for that, please tell me!)

Now for the fun part:

I taped the edges of where I wanted the lightening bolt to end with some washi tape. It was quite hard but I managed to create a shape I liked in the end. Then I went straight in with the eyeshadows. If you would like to intensify the colour, you could go in with a red lipstick or cream shadow first, I just wanted to create this look with just the eyeshadow palette.

First I created a red-toned base with the shade Bitter (1). Because I didn't really have any actual red shades in the palette I decided to put this reddy brown on first, before I went in with the pink shades. On top of that I applied a mix of Fastball (2) and 1985 (3) on top of everything. The same combination of those three shades goes on the lid and the lower lash line of the "bare" eye.

After taking the tape off I took the shade Arctic (4) and ran that along the outer edges to create that blue shadow. Then I took the Maybelline Master Duo liquid liner and drew a line in between the two shades. I admit I messed up the liner pretty bad at some places, I guess I should have taken more time to get it right but you get the idea.

To give the eyelids some dimension I put Underhand (5) in the crease of both eyes. Then I ran the Mac Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline (a regular black kohl) along the lower lash line, concentrating on the outer part, and tight lined the upper lash line, also concentrating on the outer half. A quick curl and a coat of Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and the eyes are done!

The lipstick I used is the à in the shade 05 Cool Nude. I thought it was a pretty great colour match to the one David Bowie is wearing in the picture.






I'm sorry it's not the usual wearable look I had planned, but I hope you enjoyed this post nevertheless. I've been wanting to create this look for a while and thought maybe it would be great to do as a Halloween look, but with recent events I thought I would re-create the look today and maybe pop it up on social media in October. Let me know what you think!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties