Empties #6

10:00

Hey everyone!

It feels like forever since I've done an Empties post on my blog. I have accumulated quite the amount of products since last time so before getting rid of all those I wanted to share what I've been enjoying and what didn't work all that well for me. Sit down, grab a cuppa, 'cause it's going to be a long one!


 MAKE UP


I actually used up some make up products since my last Empties post and I made the mistake of not keeping them for the sake of this post. I suggest you check out my Project: Pan That Product where I used up the Clinique Even Better foundation in 03 Ivory (which I've liked for a long time but probably won't ever buy again), two Maybelline Fit Me concealers in the shades 10 and 15 (which are great drugstore alternatives and I can see myself buying again in the future) and the Maybelline LashSensational mascara (which was an amazing mascara but I'm always up for trying new ones so I probably won't repurchase this one any time soon).


Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

Like it? Believe it or not, but this stuff didn't work for me at all. As much as everyone is raving about it, it just doesn't work on my oily combination skin. It seems to make me more oily throughout the day and doesn't keep my foundation in place as much as a powder would.
Repurchase? No. I'm open to try other setting sprays, but this one just wasn't the right one for me.


l'Oréal Infallible 24H-Matte foundation - 11 Vanilla

Like it? Hell yeah! This is probably my most favourite foundation of all times. It just seems to work with my skin: it doesn't cling to dry patches but keeps my skin matte for such a long time, it stays in place very well and has great coverage, but is very lightweight which makes it so very comfortable to wear; Above all that, it's from the drugstore so it's a lot more affordable as some other foundations out there. I really can't say a bad word about this foundation.
Repurchase? I'll definitely repurchase this one in the future, I've just been trying out a lot of others lately and I really want to use up a decent amount of those ones before I buy yet another foundation. I'll probably still pick it up in Manchester if I happen to find a lighter shade. It was a tad too dark for me these last weeks, but it was such a great colour match in summer.


SKINCARE


Avène Thermal Water (diffuser)

Like it? This is a great one to use right after you cleansed your face. It's just so refreshing and hydrating. I use it more during summer though, I always get the mini sizes and pop them in my bag to freshen up when it's really hot out.
Repurchase? My mum repurchases this all the time so we're always stocked up on this.


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Like it? This is one of my all time favourite skin care items. It brings the moisture back after I've put on my toner, which basically sucks out all the grease (and therefore moisture) on my skin. I can really feel the difference when I don't use this one.
Repurchase? All the time. I'm actually trying to make the shift to Kiehl's products, but I have no idea if they even have a product like this in their collection. Until I find a better alternative, I'll always keep using this one.


Caudalie Beauty Water (diffuser)

Like it? For some reason, it didn't do anything for me. I wasn't expecting much from a beauty "water", but at least I thought it would be very hydrating. My skin just sucked up the product in no time, leaving my skin feeling almost as dry as before. It might have been a little bit refreshing, but that's it. There's really nothing else to this product.
Repurchase? Nope, I think the Avène Thermal Water is at least 10x more effective and serves the purpose way better.


Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment

Like it? This day cream feels amazing on my skin, it's very lightweight and doesn't make my skin greasy at all.
Repurchase? I'm currently using a different one and I'm thinking about buying the Kiehl's Skin Rescuer next, so I'm holding off for a bit. It's a great one though and I will definitely buy it again in the future!


Yves Rocher Lip Balm - Nutri, Noix De Coco

Like it? I have been loving their lip balms for a while now and I think the Nutri ones are so very soft and nourishing. Noix De Coco is more of a glossy layer on my lips, while Nutri actually seems to help with healing my damaged lips.
Repurchase? They didn't sell either of these the last time I visited the store but I really hope they make the Nutri ones again soon, I'm addicted to that stuff.


HAIR & BODY


Batiste Dry Shampoo - Cherry (full size), Blush (mini-size)

Like it? I've been using the Batiste Dry Shampoos for a while now and they never disappoint.
Repurchase? I'm currently not using a lot of dry shampoo, since my hair has been more blonde, but I'm on my last bottle so if I happen to run out of it before I head off to Manchester, I'll definitely go pick up one. If not, I'll buy me some CoLab ones in the UK.


l'Oréal Studio Line #TXT06 Wave Creating Spray

Like it? I bought this one ages ago, thinking it would give me amazing waves. It happened to be a fancy water that kind of gave my hair a bit more grip, but it's not my favourite product for this purpose. I think something like the B&B Surf Spray or the Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray work a lot better.
Repurchase? No, I'm still finishing my Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray and I'm just not really happy with this product in general. There are better products on the market.


Rituals TAO - Qi Gong Deodorant

Like it? You all probably know this is the only deodorant I ever use. Can some of you let me know how easily I can get hold of this in the UK? I'll need it.
Repurchase? Always.


Rituals Ginkgo's Secret Caring Hand Balm
Like it? This hand cream - or hand balm, if you will - is just so very soft and nourishing. I feel like some hand creams are so lightweight they soak in immediately, which results to me applying them 10 times a day. This one I'll just apply in the morning and my hands are soft the entire day.
Repurchase? I already did! Although I have some mini hand creams from my l'Occitane advent calendar in my bag, the Rituals one will always be on my night stand.


LIFESTYLE


Rituals TAO - Yin Calming Bed & Body Mist

Like it? I'm using this one constantly. I spray this next to my pillow and on my bed sheets right before I go to bed, the scent it just so calming and really helps me to get to sleep.
Repurchase? I already have another bottle standing next to my bed.


Jo Malone Scented Candle - Pomegranate Noir + Sweet Almond & Macaroon (not in picture)

Like it? Pomegranate Noir: I never thought I would like a scent like this until my mum bought me a mini size of this candle. I've been obsessed with it ever since. I already miss this one. Sweet Almond&Macaroon: this is such a me-scent, it smells like marzipan, or macaroons, or anything with almonds. I'm the biggest sweet tooth so obviously I like this scent.
Repurchase? Of course I will get my hands on a new Jo Malone Candle whenever I get the chance!


Yankee Candle - Home Sweet Home

Like it? This is such a me-smell, definitely for the winter time. I love the hints of cinnamon in it. However I find the candle didn't spread out the perfume as much as I would have wanted.
Repurchase? The fact that it doesn't spread the perfume all that well has really put me off buying another Yankee Candle; I did see some reviews saying the small candles tend to do that but the large ones definitely give off more smell. I think I'll stick to Jo Malone and Diptyque until I spot a scent that's really unique and I'd really want to have in my room.


Primark Scented Candle - Falling Star

Like it? This was an alright candle, it's super affordable so I didn't expect a lot of fragrance of this one. When it's on, it does give off a nice smell, but I find the scent doesn't really stay in the room. It did burn a good amount of time, I even believe it burnt longer than the promised 40 hours. The smell was a fresh wintery scent, hard to describe but it wasn't all that strong.
Repurchase? This was a limited edition Christmas candle and I believe they don't have anything like it on their permanent collection.



What products have you been using up lately? Link your empties posts down below, or just leave me a comment if you've tried any of the products mentioned above. I'd love to know your thoughts on them.



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties