Huge Drugstore Haul! Kiko + more

10:00

Hey everyone!

Guess what? I went shopping again. Over the past month or so I've been accumulating quite some products and I'm so excited to talk about them!

The reason this post is going up so late after the actual shopping is that I had planned all my x-mas and NYE posts already, then my december favourites and yearly favourites had to go up, so yeah. I haven't played around with this all too much so it's all still kind of new make up to me.

 

At my local drugstore I kind of went a bit crazy with the budget stuff. Firstly I picked up the MaxFactor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect Mascara. I have been seeing this everywhere and it gets tons of great reviews, so although I'm not the biggest fan of plastic wands I thought I needed to check it out.

I had a conversation with Sophienderella a while ago about the brand Catrice. She recommended I pick up a mascara because she found them awesome sauce! I had heard great things about the Glam&Doll Curl&Volume mascara by Viviana Does MakeUp aka the lovely Anna. One of her subscribers from Germany gave it to her and she instantly loved it. It's the waterproof version she likes so much, but since I'm not a waterproof kind of girl I figured I'd pick up the regular version. The wand reminds me a lot if Maybelline The Falsies. I also picked up another Liquid Metals eyeshadow, because I know they are good and I already have a pink one in my collection. I couldn't really decide which one to go for, until I saw the name of this Champagne gold one: 120 Satina Van Der Woodsen. How can you not buy that? I used to freak over Gossip Girl so much back in the days. Blake Lively is still one of my favourite famous people to this day.

Then I went to check out Essence and I was planning on buying me some glitter eyeliners that they didn't stock. Or maybe I just remembered wrong, I really thought Essence made glitter liquid eyeliners? Anyways, since I went blonde I struggle with filling in my brows the right colour. I can't make them as dark as I used to, but they're still the same colour. I thought the Make Me Brow eyebrow gel mascara in 01 Blondy Brows would come in handy here. I've never tried it before, but a lot of people claim it's a perfect dupe for Benefit Gimme Brows, which I have tried before but didn't like because I picked up the darker shade and it was just too dark for me. The lighter one seemed too light, but I'd rather try out a cheap one first before I purchase an expensive, wrong product again.

The last thing I picked up at the drugstore is the Bourjois Java Rice powder. You've all heard me talk about this for many times and I really like it. With the holiday season they brought out some limited edition packagings, including the Java Rice powder. I love the navy blue and bronze look on this one, now I just have a back up for if I ever run out of my regular one.

Swatch: Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in Satina Van Der Woodsen

Next stop was Kiko! A new physical store opened in my city on the 12th of December so I just had to check it out. I love swatching and trying out make up before I buy it (instagram @charlinehasablog) and so I was super excited when they finally opened up a store in my neighborhood!


I was planning on buying a wintery blush and swatched all the Soft Touch Blushes. In the end I picked up more of a bronzey one in the shade 106. Don't get me wrong, it's not supposed to be a bronzer because the actual bronzers are way bigger, but I guess it could double up. I'm excited to play around with it and test out in what ways I can use it. Since I didn't find my ideal mauve blush in that collection, I decided to check out the Velvet Touch Creamy Stick Blushes and picked up the shade 08. This contains so much product and I think I might like this one a lot. I almost picked up a highlighter from this range but figured it's quite similar to my Benefit Watt's Up so I decided not to buy it in the end.

I've always wanted to try some of the Kiko lip products. I've heard mixed reviews on the actual lipsticks so I thought I would check out the lip pencils and crayons first. I picked up a browny nude Pencil Lip Gloss in the shade 10. This feels really creamy and pigmented so I'll definitely put it to the test very soon. Because I spent more that X amount of money I got to choose out a free product so I ended up picking up a Smart Lip Pencil (lip liner) as well in the shade 712. I'm not sure how to describe this shade, it's like a dark mauvey pink I guess.

Swatches: Soft Touch Blush 106, Velvet Touch Creamy Stick 08, Pencil Lip Gloss 10, Smart Lip Pencil 712


I picked up 3 single Eyeshadows as a xmas/NYE present for one of my friends so I didn't swatch these, but they are in the shades 139, 119 and 131 (from left to right). 139 is a shimmery peachy highlight shade, 119 is a shimmery bronzey lid colour and 131 is a matte/satin finish dark chocolatey brown shade that's great for putting in the crease, the outer V or lower lash line. I thought it would make a great trio to create a lot of different looks with, but still quite neutral everyday shades.


Then for myself I ended up picking up a few eyeshadows too - of course!- I went for another Water Shadow in the shade 209 this time, a gorgeous metallic khaki green shade. I also wanted to try another Cream Crush eyeshadow pot, which has a mousse texture, and I picked up the shade 07, a very pigmented, deep dark browny khaki shade. It looks a lot more brown on the swatch below than it actually is in real life, but oh boy a little goes a long way! Then I wanted to pick up a new Long Lasting Stick Shadow because we all know how much I love them, and chose the one in 06, a bronze shade that's very similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, but I accidentally picked up 09 which is a bright turquoise shade. I went back to the store to exchange it, and they really tried their best but Computer said No... Because I received the free gift earlier, or something... Loads of crap and I really don't like the way Kiko handled this, what am I supposed to know? I'm sorry for spending all my money with you... Anyways, I did buy the one in 06, but I'm not sure whether to keep 09 for myself or give it away... I've only swatched it once for the photo below so I might still give it to someone...

Swatches: Water Shadow 209, Cream Crush 07,  Long Lasting Stick 06, 09

That's everything I picked up. It's quite embarrassing how excited I get when I buy new make up, but I am! I can't wait to properly test out everything.



Have you tried any of these before? Let me know what you think about them in the comments below, I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties