Mac Haul

10:00

Hey everyone!

For ages now I've been trying to finish my Mac Pro Palette and I finally bought some shades to fill in the blanks. Also picked up some other goodies over the past few weeks. I'm so excited to show them to you.


I wanted to create 3 different "themes" in my Pro Palette: the first row being pinky corals, the second row being earth-tones and greens and the last row being more warm, gold, copper, that sort of stuff.

I already owned the orangey shade called Rule, and I added four new shades to the row:


-NYLON: One of the most popular shimmery highlight shades from the entire range of Mac eyeshadows. I definitely needed another highlight shade in this palette, because the only one I had in here was Brûlé, a matte pale shade. I'm really excited to have this one in my palette and it's just the perfect inner corner and browbone highlight shade.

-AMBER LIGHTS: A beautiful warm gold shimmery shade. This is a great lid shade for festive or night out looks, or great to make a smoky eye pop!

-COPPERING: a true orangey brown copper shade, again, with a shimmery finish. This shade is just right up my alley.

-DEEP DAMSON: Apparently this is a limited edition shade. Now it looks amazing in the pan: a deep burgundy/aubergine purple matte shade.

However if you look at the swatch of this last one, it is so very patchy and not pigmented at all! I'm so unimpressed, if not disappointed by this one. I've noticed that limited edition shadows from Mac are not the same quality; that's the main reason I didn't pick up a holiday palette, because they swatched awful in store. I might replace this eyeshadow in the future but I'm going to try and make it work with Fix+ and a brush, hopefully I can get more pigment out of it than this...

Swatches: Nylon, Amber Lights, Coppering, Deep Damson



I'm so happy with the look of my completed Mac Pro Palette and could stare at it for ages. I love every single colour in here and I've been using it a lot lately. If you are interested to see a post on the entire palette, please let me know in the comments below!


I went to try out the matte lipstick in Velvet Teddy the other day. Finally I took the plunge! It showed up cooler toned than I expected, but I really like it nevertheless. The shade is actually pretty similar to my Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss in 10, so I guess that's a great one for topping it off when I don't want a matte finish. The shade is actually quite hard to describe, I'd say it's a browny cool nude with a little hint of pink to it.

Swatch: Matte Lipstick in Velvet Teddy


Now for the very exciting one! I got myself one of the limited edition pieces of the Mac x Ellie Goulding collection. Look at that packaging, isn't it stunning?


This product contains a bronzer and blush together in one pan. I've never really tried something like this, but I could only imagine what they would look like when mixed together.

Separately, the bronzer is an orangey toned warm bronze shade, but I think I could pull of contouring with it, or at least applying it straight over a more cool toned contour shade. For really glam looks I think it would just about work, although it contains a bit of shimmer. Gives you a really nice glow though!

The blush separately is a peachy pink shade, which is my favourite shade of blushes (if you know me, you'd already guessed.) Very natural when lightly applied but very glam when heavily put on.

When mixed toghether they become this gorgeous coral-esque browny blush, which is super fab! The pigmentation is really there, so I tend to apply it with a fluffy blush brush, rather than a denser one. I really like the look of the two mixed together. A definite winner.

Swatches: I'll Hold My Breath bronzer, blush, mixed together


Then I also picked up a new highlighter. I feel like highlighters are the ones I have least of and I really wanted to try a new one. I had heard so much about the Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle so I finally went for it. It's a very sparkly going-all-out highlighter, but it's great for parties. It's kind of a neutral colour, not too pink, not too champagney, just a beige right-in-the-middle colour that I didn't really own yet.

Swatch: Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle

Have you picked up anything from Mac lately? Let me know in the comments what you think about the products I picked up and if you've tried them too.


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties