Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolours - Event Hasselt

10:00

Hey peeps!

So yesterday (and today, so if you're from Belgium, hurry to Hasselt!) there was an event for the Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolours. Well, it didn't feel any different to a normal shopping day, other than the fact the shop was dressed up in the green card colours and a human being was playing cards behind the window for the entire day. They stocked up on all the shades so I knew I could try out all the ones I wanted to.

The Liquid Lipcolours are doing well ever since they launched. Especially the nude shades were already sold out online and the shop was selling out like hotcakes.

The sales women, quite annoyingly, kept calling them "lip glosses that dry down matte", which I just couldn't get my head around. Do you really think no one in Belgium understands the concept of a liquid lipstick? It's not that they're the first one to come out with a product like this. I'm sure people that shop at Mac have heard about the concept already. No need to call them "matte glosses" when "liquid lipstick" is just as easy to understand. Oh well!

 
Can you spot me in the mirror behind? ;-)

I'm not that adventurous with colour on my lips, so I was eager to swatch all the nudes in there. The red and purple shades are gorgeous, but they are just not very "me".

I swatched from left to right:
Back In Vogue, Rich & Restless, Mademoiselle, Lady-Be-Good.


Of course I was going to go for the browny nudes, and picked up the first one, Back In Vogue. It reminded me of my Velvet Teddy matte lipstick, but it's a tad warmer. I think Lady-Be-Good resembled it even more, so I obviously didn't go for that one.


They retail for €24,50 here in Belgium, which is €5 more than the regular lipstick bullets. I will try and see if it's worth the money! I've heard good things about the staying power.

I'm starting to see a theme in my lipstick collection. The swatches below are from left to right:
Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm (which is just a bit more pink toned), Mac Back In Vogue, Mac Velvet Teddy.


I will report back to you how I get on with it!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties