The Body Shop Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

I have an interesting product to discuss with you today. Recently, The Body Shop came out with their new Shade Adjusting Drops. Made especially to alter the shade of a foundation you shade matched yourself wrongly to, the Lightening and Darkening drops come in handy sometimes. Let's talk about that!


I have a few foundations laying around that I don't use as much, just because the shade is not suitable for me. It's quite a shame to let them go to waste, just for that reason. I tried buying a very light foundation from Rimmel, but it would make the original foundation a different consistency. It's very hard to come across to foundations that are light enough, especially on the high street.

We knew about the more high end stuff out there already, being the Cover FX drops which would add coverage or could be used for mixing in with too light or too dark foundations. After some research, I can only find NYX doing a product similar to the one I'm reviewing today but I had never heard of before.

This is where The Body Shop comes in. It's the first affordable option I came across and I was so excited to try it out. The only worry I had was that it would sheer out the coverage of my original foundation, because I need the coverage 90% of the time. The shop assistant was kind enough to give me a sample first, after trying it out I decided to buy it.

THE REVIEW

Available at £10 / €14, this little product is a great, affordable gadget to have in your collection. They have a darkening one, I obviously only picked up the lightening drops. You can put some foundation on the back of your hand, then put in a few drops, blend it in with your finger and dot the "new" foundation on your face or pick it up with a brush and start to buff it in. I find it also works if I dot the foundation on my face, then dot some of the lightening drops and blend them together while buffing in, but this is at your own risk! It could turn out blotchy.

The reason I like this product so much, is that it doesn't seem to adjust the texture of the foundation too much. The drops are quite liquid so I was afraid it would take away coverage or make more matte foundations dewier, but I was very surprised I couldn't see a major difference. GREAT!

It's super handy to use as it comes with a little pipette. Luckily, because you can easily dose the amount of product you add to the foundation.

I feel like there is something missing though, still. Maybe someone had to come up with an undertone-adjuster, or give the adjusting drops a bit of colour and make a yellow toned one and a pink toned one. I'm sure the darkening drops could benefit from that as well. I was horribly shade matched to the Nars Luminous Weightless foundation in Deauville this summer. It's way too yellow toned and way too dark, I guess I was a bit more tanned at that moment, but the lighting must have been so bad because I thought it looked great in store. After wearing it for a few hours, it tends to oxidise and it becomes way darker. Anyways, long story short: I'm glad I have part of the solution to make it lighter, it still shows up quite yellow on me and I'm sure one or the other company will come up with a solution for that soon.

Swatch: 


Have any of you tried this product? Or would you benefit from it, like me, having quite pale skin? Let me know in the comments what you think about this little number ;-)



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties