Alessandra Ambrosio Grammy's 2016 Make Up Look

10:00

Hi everyone!

A few weeks back the Grammy's took place. Of course, a lot of the red-carpet-looks did not go un-noticed, fashion-wise and makeup-wise.

The one look that stood out the most for me is the one that Alessandra Ambrosio was wearing. She was rockin' a black and teal/turquoise smokey eye and a peachy nude lip, combined with a glowy, dewy skin look.

Today I (try to) recreate this look for you. Hope you enjoy!




I kept the base simple and glowy, yet full-coverage with my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and Maybelline 24H SuperStay concealer. Alessandra looks like she hasn't got a lot of contouring going on as she already has a pretty defined bone structure. I did bronze up the skin with my Mac x Ellie Goulding bronzer&blush duo I'll Hold My Breath and put on a little bit of the blush as well, but nothing too over-powering. I used the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft&Gentle to get the glowy , dewy, almost wet-looking highlight. Then I filled in my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, to darken up my eyebrows a bit, and I set them in place with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel, but tried to keep it as natural as possible; Alessandra is actually wearing her brows pretty undone and grungy.

Now onto the actual fun part of the look!

Apparently I was too lazy to clean up my palettes a bit before taking this picture, but they are both well used as you can see! ;-)


I started off the look with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Everlasting Navy. This is to create a slight blue-toned base in the whole look, but also because this is probably the darkest one I have in my collection apart from the chocolate Suede one, which was far too brown for this look. It gives the eyeshadows a base to stick to.

I started by setting that base with the purpley blue shade in the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette called Beat Down (4th one on the first row) and put it all over the mobile lid, not too far into the crease. I'm fading out that colour with the shade Discreet, which is a cool toned transition shade (first one on the third row). I keep doing this in between every next step, take it on a fluffy brush and blend everything out in the crease. This will make sure the edges are never to harsh. Then with a very small precision brush I applied a first layer of the turquoise eyeshadow called Arctic into the inner third of the mobile lid and whatever is left on the brush, dragged that down into the inner corners as well. 

Then I moved onto the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and went into the shade Pistol, a charcoal silver shade that's perfect for making the transition to the black shadow later on. I kept repeating these last two steps a few times, to make sure the turquoise really fades into the grey and black. 

After a few times of applying Pistol, I went into the darker shades of these two palettes. First Busted from Naked 2 (the one next to the matte black), then Deadbeat from Vice 4 (3rd one on the first row) and lastly Blackout from Naked 2 (matte black). This technique of building up the shades one by one until you reach the darkest shade you need will make sure everything is blended well and will show up without any harsh edges. 

Remember I put Discreet into the crease every time after applying a dark shadow, and re-intensified the turquoise Arctic in between every application of a grey/black shade.

When I reached the point where I was satisfied with how it looked, I took Foxy from the Naked 2 palette (the yellow matte one) to put onto the browbone to cancel out any veins still showing up. To make the inner corner pop a little bit more I applied Bones from the Vice 4 palette (1st shade on the first row) onto the turquoise shade.

Then we can finally move onto the lower lash line. I applied the matte black shade Blackout very close to the water line, all along, until the point where it met the turquoise shade in the inner corners. Then I smoked it out with the turquoise Arctic shade and ran that all along that black shadow. To darken up the upper and lower lash line again I used the Mac Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline, which is just a standard matte black pencil, and ran it along the waterline and the upper lash line, slightly winging it out a little bit to intensify the V-shape I created on the upper lid.

I never wear false lashes, so I took my two most false-lash-creating mascaras and applied the MaxFactor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect mascara first, to really separate the lashes, then went in with my old favourite, the Maybelline the Falsies mascara, to create some more volume.


Phew! That's it! Creating a smoky eye always takes a bit of time, but it's so worth it in the end. 

I finished off the look with the Maybelline ColorSensational matte lipstick in 930 Nude Embrace and the Nyx Butter Gloss in Crème Brûlée.







 Please let me know what you think of this look! I don't do a lot of smoky looks on this blog, but I always really enjoy doing them!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties