Current Mood: Disappointed

18:00

Hey friends,

This is not a post I had planned on writing at all. But I need to get it off my chest.


Two weeks ago I presented my final project to a jury, who had to give me grades. I did a whole post on what I designed and I was pretty confident about it, to be honest. And, well, today I'm hear to tell you that it just didn't go well. In fact, it went so bad they actually failed me on my entire project. My heart sunk when I got the news. I mean, I knew it went bad but I was kind of hoping on the good will of my teachers. Guess what? They don't have any.


If you're not interested in the details, please skip this alinea. If you are and you have seen my project:
Basically they didn't think I did enough work. They thought I could do more and better and didn't draw everything I could. Now the focus in my design was obviously on the whole structure and not so much on the other stuff. I worked bloody hard to get the whole thing right because trust me, it was frickin' hard to calculate the whole thing. Apparently, that just wasn't enough. They talk as if I needed to make the whole thing in real life, which just doesn't make sense. But, anyways. I tried and I did my bloody best. There's nothing more I can do. I'll still be doing the internship in the UK and we'll see from there on. 


I just wanted to share my little disappointing message with you, because some of you have become my actual friends over the past year and I'm very thankful for that. But it also makes me wonder if maybe I've been investing too much time in this blog, and too less in school? I'm questioning myself for a whole week now - and even longer - that maybe this blog wasn't the best idea in the world to start with right in the middle of my Master Degree. I mean, I've had the best time doing this and everyone deserves a hobby, it's just that I've been obsessed with blogging so much that maybe I kind of forgot to lay the priority with school. I know it's super sad to say that. This blog mainly started as another form of procrastinating, but it feels so good to "waste" time in a productive way, instead of just scrolling down facebook and twitter or to binge watch a new series. So then again, if I didn't have this blog, maybe I would have been wasting exactly the same amount of time, just in a different, more couch-potato-like way. I don't know, the thought has just been bugging me lately. 


Please let me know your honest opinion on this. Seriously, I don't need anyone's pitty or feel-good talk, but if you were in my shoes, would you actually consider your blog taking up too much precious time? Would a situation like this bother you? I'd like to know if it's just me, or if people actually understand what I mean and feel the same way. Thanks in advance, and if you've made it up until this point, I love you <3


Take care and I'll speak to you soon.



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties