5 Looks with The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude palette | 2

10:00

Hey peeps!

Today I'm doing another look with the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette from The Balm. If you've missed last week's post, click here to go and read that.

I'm doing a warm brown smokey look today, using the earthy tones in this palette.


Before I start explaining, I want to apologize for this messy post for multiple reasons.

1) I tried to do this look two weekends ago, but totally messed up the eyeliner & I didn't have time to take it off and do it again. 
2) Then I took the pictures below a few days later and I only realised how yellow toned they look when I uploaded them onto my laptop, when my makeup was already gone for the day. The sun was out that day and I forgot to change the settings on my camera. I'm not a pro at colour correcting without it looking too blue toned so I guess we'll just have to work with it. I'm sorry if the eyeshadow shades don't show up the way they should. 
3) Lastly, I wasn't having the best day skin-wise, as my eyelids were super dry for some reason and I was having some breakouts, some of which I did actually photoshop out of the pictures so they wouldn't take away the attention from the actual eyeshadow look.
4) My lipstick is totally un-even in the photos, it clearly wasn't my day and my mind has been all over the place. Hey, I really didn't have the time, nor the energy to do this look for a third time and photograph it AGAIN on a time of day that I would actually be able to.

I'm sorry.

Sometimes, blogging is hard. I'm just being honest here, but I hope you enjoy the post nevertheless.


After priming my eyelids with the usual Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and prepping the lids with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creme De Rose to create a nice, matte base, I went in with the shade Matt Lombardi, a dusty yellow shade, all over the lid. To warm up the crease I went into Matt Rosen, a medium warm brown, with a big fluffy crease brush. To define the outer V, I took Matt Garcia, the chestnut brown, on a more precise crease brush. I focussed on the outer thirds of the lids with this shade.

After that I went back into Matt Lombardi to intensify that colour again, just putting it onto the mobile lid and not going past the crease. Then I blended everything out one last time with Matt Rosen.

On the lower lash line I put a combination of Matt Rosen and Matt Garcia with a smudger brush, mainly focussing on the outer half of the lash line.

As I will probably always do with this palette, to highlight the browbone and the inner corners in a subtle way, I've used a combination of Matt Malloy, the plain white shade, and Matt Lombardi, the dusty yellow I used on the lid today.

I skipped the eyeliner, as I messed it up earlier, but you can totally amp this look up with a classic black wing, or even a brown eyeliner would totally suit this look!

On the lashes I used the l'Oréal False Lash Superstar mascara and for the lips I went with Mac Velvet Teddy

Et voila! Easy, right? And totally wearable.








Hope you liked this look! Are you excited for look n°3 next week?
Hopefully a bit more together and prepared ;-)


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties