A Colourful take on the classic winged liner look

10:00

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I've been wearing a bright coloured liquid liner and I actually wanted to get back into that more. This seemed a perfect excuse to do this. I guess you could do this look with a black liquid liner, but I wanted to give a colourful twist to the classic wing.

It's also a great way of getting out of your comfort zone with eye make up. It's not too over the top, but still a fun way to incorporate some colour in your look.


To start off a classic winged eyeliner look, you might want to have a little something on the eyelids to give the look more dimension. In the crease I used the bronzer I'm currently using, which is Benefit Hoola, and I brightened up the lid, inner corners and inner third of the lower lash line with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle.

The eyeliner I went for today is the blue l'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim. I have not yet spotted this one here in Manchester stores but I guess you could get your hands on it if you wanted. Any other sharpened (coloured) kohl liner could do the trick, I guess, or even an eyeshadow when applied with an angled brush (make sure to spray it with some kind of fixing mist first). 


If you're interested in all the other products on my face in the pictures, here's a quick rundown of them.

Face:

I primed my face with the The Body Shop InstaBlur primer to minimize my pores, then used my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation all over the face. To cover up any spots I used the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 10. Under my eyes I went in with the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer. I set everything down with my new Nyx HD Studio Finishing Powder, which is a transparent loose setting powder. 

Cheeks:

I contoured with the Benefit Hoola bronzer, as I was using this on the eyes as well and it ties everything together. For blush I applied the Mac Melba blush very lightly on the apples of my cheeks. Because this is a matte blush, I slightly highlighted my face with the Dior Nude Air Illuminating Powder in Glowing Nude, as this is such a natural looking one and perfect for day time.

Other:

To fill in my eyebrows I used the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil in Chocolate with a light hand, as this is slightly too dark for me. For mascara today I went in with a combination of the l'Oréal Telescopic and the Maybelline The Falsies mascara. On my lips I went for the Kiko Smart Lip Pencil in 712 and the Too Faced La Crème lipstick in Naked Dolly.






 Would you dare to wear a coloured eyeliner like this? Which colour would you go for?

I'm also curious if you would like to see a type of "... ways to wear a coloured eyeliner" in the future? I'd be happy to do that, but only if people would be interested in that, so please let me know if you'd be up for it!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties