Current Skin Care Routine

10:00

Hi everyone!

As some of you may know, I mainly tend to stick to the skin care products I know and that work for me. I had been using the Clinique 3-Step program for such a long time now, but I wanted to change it up a bit. Sometimes it feels refreshing to get new products and give your skin a break from getting used to having the stuff you know.

I recently picked up quite some new bits from Kiehl's and I'm very pleased with these products. I'd love to share my recently new skin care with you today. These are the products I use in combination with my two prescription creams from the dermathologist, that actually help me get rid of my acne as fast as possible.

If you are interested in the products, please keep in mind my skin is oily-combination and acne-prone. The reviews I give on the products are from the perspective of how they work on MY particular skin.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

For a while now I've been using the Bioderma Micellar Water to take off my first layer of make up. A friend of mine told me that she really recommended picking up the Garnier one, as that one is cheaper and works the same magic. She was right, indeed! It does the job just as good - if not better. I do prefer the smell of the Bioderma one, but they work the same. I always take off my make up with a Micellar Water on a cotton pad before I go in with my actual cleanser.


Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser

I tried a sample of this one ages ago and remembered how much I loved it. I didn't bring all my heavy Clinique bottles with me to Manchester so I would have to buy a new one while I was here anyways. This seemed like the perfect excuse to finally try this one out. It's very soft on my skin and cleanses my skin like no other, without making it feel dry. Although it's oil-free, it makes my face feel clean and hydrated after using this. That's so rare to find; most cleansers for oily/combination skin tend to suck out all the natural oils from my face. This one doesn't and it's amazing!


Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner

Along with the cleanser I picked up the toner. I'm in two minds about this one. It doesn't dry out my skin so much, but I kind of liked how my Clinique toner actually got rid of that last bit of dirt on my face after cleansing, where this one doesn't feel like it's doing that. It might be, but I'm not using it long enough to give you any opinions on that yet. It feels less drying, but I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing for my oily skin or not. The cleansing soap is already quite gentle and hydrating and I don't want to leave too much oil on my skin. By the way, something broke me out around the time I started using this, it might be this toner or it could be the Charlotte Tilbury foundation I got a sample of as well, not sure... To be continued.


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Although I have completely made the change to Kiehl's for the rest of my routine now, I couldn't say goodbye to this baby. This works wonders for me and whenever my skin does feel dry, I can just apply a bit of this gel and it feels replenished and nice again. It's light enough for my oily skin and hydrating enough for the dry patches. This is a lovely one to follow up the cleansers and getting back that good moisture in the skin.


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

This one takes me ages to finish and even though I knocked it over in the process of using this, it's still my first bottle ever since I got it last year. This is a great "oil" for people that are normally a bit scared of using an actual oil on their greasy skin - like me. I'm not sure how to explain this product but I did a review on it a while back so click here if you want to check that out.


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

This product was in the same review that I mentioned above and I'm still not quite sure if it's actually working or not. It's supposed to reduce the bags and fine lines under my eyes but I really don't see any difference. It's a shame how it doesn't do the same wonders as the concentrate. I'm currently using up the last bits and I'm desperately looking out for a new night eye cream, so if you have any to recommend, please let me know down below!



Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream

This scrub is so gentle yet effective for my skin! I don't like scrubs where the particles are too harsh and scratchy, they mostly just scratch open my break outs and spread the bacteria all over my face. This one is gentle enough not to touch any acne spots and still get rid of the excess oils and clogged pores. I love using this once or twice a week.


Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment

Unlike the Midnight Recovery Eye, I really enjoy using this product a lot. It's super hydrating and keeps my under eye area hydrated all day. I just find it a dream to use as well and you only need the tiniest amount. A wonderful little product!


Kiehl's Skin Rescuer

 Last but not least I picked up this daily moisturizer. It might be a bit too tacky for me to use everyday and I actually might switch to my Clinique one again, but for now this one certainly will do. I think it would work better if I only used it if my skin actually needed a big pick-me-up after a night out or something. But it's definitely a gorgeous product that I enjoy using very much!



Which skin care products are you loving at the moment? Let me know down below and don't forget to tip me on a new night eye cream!




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties