The Beauty Lover Tag

10:00

Hey everyone!

I saw this tag a while back on Kelsey's blog Beauty By Kelsey. I had so much fun reading it, so if you want to check out her post, click right here.

Hope you enjoy!


If you could have anyone in the world do your make up, who would it be?

It would have to be Charlotte Tilbury or Lisa Eldridge. I love Charlotte's make up and the whole philosophy behind her make up range, but I also admire Lisa's make up skills and I love watching her videos.

Then again, on second thought, I wish I could have participated in the Daily Mix series Tanya Burr used to do where she did a celebrity make up look on someone that looked like that celebrity. I wonder who I would have looked like!


What's your top make up tip?

Hm, this is a tricky one. I don't have any tips that no one knows about, but I do remember a great tip I've seen a few years back on Estée Lalonde's channel (Essiebutton back in the days). It's the winged eyeliner hack where you put a light brown wing with eyeshadow first, before going in with a black liner. You can watch that video here.


What one make up item could you not live without?

Another tricky one. As much as I want to say eyeshadow or mascara, I think I'll have to say concealer. My acne is getting better but I still need to cover up redness, blemishes and a few break outs, so I really just cannot head out without some sort of foundation or concealer on.


What one skincare item could you not live without?

This is a real though one because I feel like I need everything I'm currently using! I think I'll have to go for my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is a great one to bring the moisture back into the skin after cleansing, but also when I feel my face getting dry throughout the day when I'm not wearing make up or if I did my skin care routine in the morning but I'm taking a shower in the afternoon and want to put something on my face before my primer and make up, this one always does the trick. It's not too heavy either (because it's the gel, not the lotion) and that's just great for my oil-prone skin.


What are you worst at when it comes to applying make up?

Lining my lips! Seriously, I have such a weird shape of lips and when I try to overline them, I basically look like Miranda Sings. Still, I do think it's easier to put on lipstick properly when I put on a lip liner first, but I just can't seem to make them work for me in terms of (re-)shaping my lips.


What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?

Oooh I have so many! When my eyeshadow falls out on my under eye concealer and I basically have to re-do my entire base, when I can't seem to get matching winged liner on both eyes or matching brows, when my foundation cakes up or accentuates the peach fur on my upper lip... But I think there is ONE that really sticks out and that's when I'm super conscious about wearing lipstick, especially when I have an important meeting or when I'm eating... I'm always aware that it's probably on my teeth, smudging out or fading in a weird way. Hence why I don't wear lipstick every day and would rather go for a lip gloss or balm instead.


What's your favourite make up era?

I wish I could go back in time to the 80's, that must have been such a fun time to experiment with bright colours!


What's your guilty pleasure product?

Probably my most expensive highlighter in the collection: the Dior Nude Air Illuminating Powder from the Spring 2016 collection. Whenever I feel like it's going to be a good day, I'll always pop some of this on.


What's your underdog product?

Probably the Clinique Super Primer. I'm on my third tube of this stuff now and no matter how many primers I use, I'll always go back to this one. It smooths out my complexion, hydrates my skin and makes my make up stay on for so much longer. It actually feels as if you're putting on a moisturizer at first, but then it just sets onto the skin and it makes my skin feel so very soft. And the good part is: it's doesn't make me shiny during the day! I really don't know why I haven't heard people talking about this one yet.


What's your favourite make up product of 2015?

I know it's March already but I did really want to answer this question. 2015 has really been the year of make up for me. Since I started blogging last year, my make up collection has grown so much. I know my one holy grail product (the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette) but that one did not launch in 2015, nor did I actually buy that in 2015. Though one...

For the products I bought in 2015 but launched a lot sooner: It might be a tie between the Maybelline Color Tattoo's and the The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.
For the products I bought in 2015 that actually launched in 2015: definitely the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette.



I tag Sophie from Sophienderella, Rebecca from Notes From September and Jodie from Jodie Loue to do this tag! Of course if you read this and want to do this too, please do let me know when you do, you can always comment the link to your post below. I'd love to check out your answers!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties