Makeup Geek Haul

10:00

Hey everyone!

Okay so I've got a beauty haul coming up in a few weeks but I'm kind of saving that one so I can fill it with more products. Meanwhile this BeautyBay order happened and I thought it deserved its own post.

 

I've been eyeing on the Makeup Geek eyeshadows for a really long time now and as it's easier to get hold of them in the UK, I caved and made the order. I intended to only pick up those shades that I don't have anywhere else in my eyeshadow collection, so I went for unique shades, two foiled ones and seven regular ones, which are all quite matte to be honest.

Of course I had to store them somewhere so I picked up a small Z-palette as well. Let's go through all the shades I picked up.


From left to right, top to bottom:

In The Spotlight (foiled)

A metal finish, almost glossy eyeshadow with champagne and rose gold undertones. This is a great highlighter shade for the inner corners, in the center of the eyelids or even on the cheekbones. It's so soft to the touch and I find it's the easiest to apply with my finger.

Grandstand (foiled)

Same metal, glossy finish as the previous one, this is a gorgeous coppery brown shade that will amp up any warm brown eyeshadow look I do from now on. The formula is so buttery and pigmented, it's insane.

Cherry Cola

A matte warm brown with red undertones. This is a lot chalkier as it is a matte formula, but I find darker shadows happen to have that a lot of the times. It's easier to build up this colour if it's not too pigmented, and as you can see on the swatch below, it's definitely buildable to an intense dark shade. I love the name of this one as well, it describes the colour perfectly!

Swatches (l-r): In The Spotlight, Grandstand, Cherry Cola

Mango Tango

This coral shade has a slight sheen to it and it a gorgeous all over the lid shade for spring. I can't wait to experiment with this one. I know I said I was only going to pick shades I don't already own, but I think this one might actually be very similar to Mac's Coral, although slightly less matte and slightly more pink. I think it looked a lot more peachy than coral on the website. That's the disadvantage of not having it in a physical store. It's still a lovely colour. 

Petal Pusher

I was dying to get my hands on this matte mauvey purple shade. It reminds me of Anastasia's Dusty Rose, although I've never seen that one in real life, I've been looking for a similar shade ever since I heard about that one. It will be the perfect cool toned crease colour for when I'm doing rosey toned looks.

Chickadee

A bright orange shade that's, again, completely matte. A lovely one for warming up any other look and I'm really excited to create some looks with this one. I think it's one of those shades that you can either wear in a very neutral way, or combine with heaps of bright colours and make it a super fun festival look.

Swatches (l-r): Mango Tango, Petal Pusher, Chickadee

Fuji

I was on the hunt for a bright green, almost neon shade like this for a bit now. I've seen the Melt Cosmetics Neon stack and I didn't want to spend that much money on four eyeshadows, plus I'm not even sure if I could order them in the UK... Anyways, enter Fuji, a slightly shimmery lime green shade that I reckon will show up rather neon-like if I pack it on top of a white eyeshadow base. I'm so excited to be experimenting with colours now!

Shore Thing

After seeing Jaclyn Hill's turquoise tutorial on YouTube using this shade, I was dying to try it too. I don't have a lot of eyeshadows like this in my collection, especially not matte ones, so I'm too excited to pack this on the lower lash line when the sun comes out. Also: what a cute name? It's not that pigmented, I must say, and rather chalky as well. We'll see how I get on with it...

Peacock

I've seen a similar colour to this one at Mac but figured, why spend £11 on a Mac eyeshadow when I can spend £5 on a Makeup Geek dupe? Again, the formula is quite chalky and because it's a darker shade it's quite patchy and not that pigmented, but like I said, sometimes with darker colours it's better to not have the full pigment straight away, but slightly building it up you can get there. It's more of a winter-colour though so it might not appear in any of my posts in the near future, but I can't wait to create a look with this one.

Swatches (l-r): Fuji, Shore Thing, Peacock  


I am absolutely amazed by the overall quality of these eyeshadows. I can definitely see myself picking up some more of those foiled eyeshadows, they are super gorgeous!


Have you tried any Makeup Geek products? Let me know what you think about them in the comments below.



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties