Stripping: The New Strobing?

10:00

Move over, strobing. You're soooo 2015.

I've not seen this topic on a lot of blogs yet, but apparently the runways this year were full of the new "stripping" or "sun-stripping" trend. When I read about this in Elle UK's May edition, I was like HELL YEAH I need to blog about this.

So here we go. A bit of context, my opinion and lastly my take on the new sun-stripping trend. Get ready for some summer vibes!


Basically, "stripping" or "sun-stripping" is a technique where you put bronzer on the high points of your face, where the sun naturally hits.

Makes sense, right?
When we come back from a sunny holiday, we're not naturally tanned in the hollows of our cheeks, RIGHT?

That's what I've been thinking for the past couple of years now. Seriously, why do we bronze the outside of our face, when the sun makes me tan in the middle of my face? It never made sense to me, and I always slightly ran my big fluffy bronzer brush over my nose and cheeks with whatever product was left on there, just because I felt silly not bronzing up that area of my face.

Now finally someone has used their common sense and implemented it in the runway looks. Of course I want to look as if I've been in the sun for a month! I think it looks so cute when I'm tanned like that. And guess what, you can even use a more orange-toned bronzer for this.

There are different ways to do this. Some say to use a matte bronzer for a natural look, and a flat brush for the precision, then blend it out afterwards. I actually think the complete opposite is so much easier: I use a tapered fluffy brush so I don't get that harsh line and I can easily build up the colour so I can't go overboard, and I use a more shimmery bronzer so it's almost like bronzer and highlighter in one. Unless you're going to highlight anyways, which in that case doesn't matter which kind of bronzer you use.

I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light, in combination with my new Benefit Hoola brush. The perfect team to achieve the sun-stripped look.





I think this trend is so cute and I will definitely be rocking it this summer / festival season.


What are your thoughts about this? Yay or nay? Will you stick with the strobing, or are you already converted, like me, to the bronze side? Let me know what you think about this trend in the comments below, I'm very curious to see what you all think!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties