The Foundation Wardrobe

10:00

Hey peeps!

I've seen this post on The Celution and politely asked if I could do it, as I thought it was genius. The sweetheart she is, she gave me permission. Go check out her take on this and say hi from me when you leave a comment ;-)


Anyways, this will be a post on the foundations I currently have in rotation (read: the ones I brought with me to Manchester) and how they work with my skin. Hope you enjoy.

l'Oréal True Match  - shade 1.5N Linen

From what I can figure out on the French bottle (why??!) it claims to be hydrating up until 24h and "perfect" coverage. The True Match range is known to have the best colour matches on the drugstore and I never really checked it out until recently, because the formulation was a bit off-putting for my oily skin. When I set it with powder and use a mattifying primer, it's alright for my skin, but on days when I'm extra oily (e.g. time of the month) I tend to stay away from this one. The coverage is amazing and the colour match is spot on for me at the moment. 


l'Oréal Infallible 24H-Matte - shade 11 Vanilla

This foundation claims to have a matte finish, be lightweight, non-cakey and high coverage. I agree with three out of four; the foundation can actually cake up if you build it up too much, but I do think it is buildable up until some point. I love the matte-satin finish it gives and it works amazing with my oily skin. This is definitely the most oil-controlling foundation I have in my collection, without emphasizing my dry patches. The shade is a bit too pink toned for me (although it's called Vanilla, which normally says it's yellow toned) but I can make it work on my skin.


Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet - shade 12 Beige Doré and 20 Beige

Why I have two? Because I am right in the middle of these two shades. I'm not sure why Chanel hasn't fixed this problem already, but it was worth buying two bottles. This velvet finish works really well on my skin. It reminds me of the Infallible foundation, but a bit more lightweight, a bit less coverage and a bit more liquid in application. I'm also quite obsessed with the smell, is that a thing.


Bourjois Healthy Mix - shade 51 Light Vanilla

I'm trying to use this up at the moment, as it's not the best foundation for my skin type. Again, like the True Match, it's okay if I powder and use a matte base, but I tend to get oily throughout the day and this foundation doesn't help with that. It has amazing coverage though and It's a good, standard foundation that I think most people will get away with. The colour match is great on me, a little bit more yellow than the True Match in Linen.


Too Faced Born This Way - shade Nude

This is the newest addition to the wardrobe, which I picked up without even thinking about it. So much so that I - of course - picked up a shade that's too dark for me. I can get away with it when I mix in my Lightening Drops from The Body Shop, as it does have the right undertone for me. This is definitely a full coverage foundation and claims to perfect your imperfections while leaving your skin looking like skin. I will get a full in-depth review up on this foundation soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.



What foundations have you been using/trying out lately? Let me know down below!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties