Ellis Faas products: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

I got to try out a few bits from Ellis Faas since I won these in the raffle on #NWmeet. They looked so luxurious so obviously I had to choose them out. I've never tried anything from this brand but I've heard about it before, so I was thrilled to get my hands on these.


Ellis Faas is a high-end, cruelty-free make up brand from The Netherlands, promoting make up for every skin tone. They have a few different lippies in their collection, which most of them are vegan as well.

First of all: that packaging! It looks super sleek and modern and super luxurious. It's a bit confusing though, as these were three lippies and one mascara, but all are in the same packaging. It is actually marked on the top which one it is, and also which colour is inside. (I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of that, my bad.)

Let's get into the actual products then!


The Hot Lips come in the fuchsia boxes and come in 9 different shades. I got a mauvey nude one - L409 - and a bright, blood red one - L401. They remind me a lot of the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks, in every way: the applicator is the same, they have the same smell (although Ellis Faas states her products aren't scented, while Too Faced is known for scenting their products) and the consistency is just as lightweight and airy. I feel like they don't dry down all that quickly, which was kind of disappointing. But after a while, you don't even notice you're wearing anything on your lips and they feel very comfortable.

The product comes out on the sponge tip by twisting the bottom of the pen. You do have to be careful to not twist it too much, or you'll end up with too much product on your lips, which you really don't need.



They are not completely matte in finish, more of a satin, I'd say. They are quite easy to apply overall, although the edges can get a little bit messy with an applicator like this but with a bit of practise, you get the hang of it.
The Lasting power is not amazing, it fades like any other lipstick and I have to re-apply during the day. I don't really mind that at all, to be honest. I need to do that with almost every lipstick I own.  But it fades in a really nice way, which doesn't make my lips look all funny.


The Milky Lips also come in 9 shades, of which I got the shade L207. This applicator is very similar to the one on concealer wands like the YSL Touche Eclat or the l'Oréal Lumi Magique. It feels weird to put this on my lips, but it's also very convenient in use. You can get to the edges really easily. It's an interesting one, this one.

This works the same way as the Hot Lips; by twisting the bottom you dispense the product onto the brush. Again, be careful, as it can really spit out a lot of product at once! If you apply too much, it can be quite a thick and slippery product.


This has more of a glossy finish than the last one, which feels a lot heavier on the lips, to me. I'm constantly aware that this is on my lips and I don't really like that. I do, however, really like the shade I got: a gorgeous nude peach that goes with every look.

I feel like this product never really dries up, which doesn't make it last all that long. I have to re-apply more than with the Hot Lips. I guess it's normal with a more creamy formula, but still. I'm not a fan of re-applying 10 times a day, and it's not possible to do so without a mirror or in a hurry with an applicator like this.

Swatches for the shades are down below. I gave away the Hot Lips in L401 to Alice, as I really didn't like this kind of red shade. It almost looks like blood, and I don't really wear red lipstick anyways. I'm sure she will make it work somehow. L409 is a gorgeous mauve nude that it great for creating cool toned looks with. I'm obsessed with shades like these and I reckon i will be wearing this one all the time. L207, like I said, is a peachy nude shade that goes better with warmer toned looks, although I think it will suit every look and a lot of different skin tones as well.

Swatches: L401, L409, L207


Last but not least we have the mascara, which is just called "mascara". It doesn't look like anything special and the formula is not outstanding. It's not super black either, so this is actually a pretty standard, everyday mascara for if you don't want to go overboard. It does separate my lashes and gives them a bit of extra volume, but it's nothing like the ones I'm used to lately. I feel like toning down when I'm using this, but it's actually quite refreshing to step away from the dramatic mascara for once.

The wand is quite long - just that little bit too long so it doesn't feel like I can use it with a steady hand, for some reason. The brush is a bristle one so I do like that about it. It's quite small as well, which makes it easier to reach the inner part and the lower lashes without smudging anything.



Would these products be worth spending money on? As the lippies retail for £23 and the mascara for £22, I'd say no in general. I think the Hot Lips are the best out of the three products I got to try out and it might be fun to try out a shade that you would absolutely love, but to be fair, I had higher hopes for these.

However, I actually want to run off to Selfridges straight away and try out the Creamy Eyes products, as they look really promising and intriguing. I might go and have a swatch very soon and I'm glad I got to know the brand a bit more now.


Have any of you tried Ellis Faas products? How did you get on with them? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to read your experiences!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties