Festival Make Up Look

10:00

Festival season is upon us!

I'm so happy to be creating fun looks and using bright colours again. I feel like festivals are the perfect excuse to wear them without feeling like a total clown.

I saw this make up look on the Urban Decay YouTube Channel a while back and really wanted to recreate it in my own way. I had the eyeshadows they used in my collection already and ran out the door to get that eyeliner as soon as I saw the tutorial. Oh, what an influence Urban Decay has on me.

It's been a while since I've done a full face tutorial on my blog, so it's going to be a long one.
Grab a cuppa and read on. Hope you enjoy!


To start off my base make up I used the l'Oréal Infallible Mattifying Base primer, to make sure the oils are controlled during the day. As I felt like I was having a good skin day, I only used the Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done in the shade Light. A good two layers of this makes the perfect, natural looking base. I didn't want to be faffing around with concealers on my face, as I know those are normally the problem areas during the day. Either my foundation slides off and leaves a concealer-mark on the spots, or the concealer will melt off from the sweatiness and will show my imperfections either way. I might as well accept that they are there.

I did go in with concealer underneath my eyes. To cancel out the dark circles I used the Maybelline Eraser Eye, and as this shade is too dark I always use it in combination with the l'Oréal True Match Magic Touch concealer to brighten up the area.

I set down the concealer underneath my eyes with the Bourjois Java Rice powder, and lightly set the rest of my face with the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder

For contour I used a product that's completely new to me! Alice kindly handed it to me as she never used it; I'm talking about the Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light. I only used the contour shade in this palette, although the highlighter is definitely a good'un. For bronzer I'm using another very recently purchased product. The Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer in 01 Blondes is such an amazing little bronzer, not too orange and quite matte, so perfect for the sun-stripping trend, but it also includes a highlighter/pale blush/blush topper. Both can be swirled together to create a shimmery bronzer, but I applied the bronzer first and did blush/highlight with the shimmery part later on. I didn't use any other blush for this look, as I was going for a bronze look, rather than a glowy rosy cheek.

I wanted to go quite bold on the eyebrows so I used the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil in Chocolate. I usually think this is too dark for me, especially with my blonde hair now, but for this look I think it kind of worked.


Now the fun part! As always I primed my eyelids first with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, then I took my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and set down that base with the shade Foxy and WOS (the two light matte shades). Then I created some dimension in the crease with the shade Naked 2.

Moving on the the eyeliner. I made sure my pencil was sharpened, as I wanted to do a wing with it. I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Asphyxia, a beautiful glittery metallic violet shade that's very similar to the eyeshadows I've used on top. It's the perfect base to stick these shadows on, as they can have quite some fall-out (especially the moondust eyeshadows). It literally felt as if they would stick on all day, so big thumbs up! As you can see on the pictures below, I took this one all along the upper lash line and winged it out, then also took it all along the lower lash line. I was quite messy with this one - there's not much else you can do with a pencil to be honest - but made sure the wing was kind of clean, so I re-sharpened my pencil right before doing the actual wing.

Then on the upper lash line I took the eyeshadow Tonic on a winged eyeliner brush and just pressed it onto the winged liner I just created. This is a metallic purple duochrome with a blue reflection and I think it just looks so cool. To give the look some sparkle, I put the moondust eyeshadow in Solstice on the lower lash line, again, pressing it onto the eyeliner really carefully to prevent fall out.

To give it some extra sparkle, I wanted to use an Urban Decay glitter liner, but the one I wanted is still out of stock everywhere. I resorted to the Nyx dupe, the Liquid Crystal Liner in 106 Crystal Hip, and applied that on the tear ducts. It just gives the whole look that little bit of extra glitter and for once, it actually showed up on the pictures I took!

I was in the process of testing out the Ellis Faas mascara, so I used that one first, but decided to do a second coat with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof mascara. This will come in so handy on festivals!

I lined my lips with the Kiko Smart Lip Pencil in 712 and applied the Too Faced La Crème Lipstick in Naked Dolly on top for that glossy finish.


That's the entire look! A mouth full, but I think it turned out great in the end. I had so much fun creating this look!






If you want to see a tutorial on this look, head over to the Urban Decay YouTube Channel. It's similar, but not entirely the same. Also: this is not sponsored, obviously. If Urban Decay contacted me, I'd be over the moon and you would have heard about that, haha. I'm not hiding the fact that I'm absolutely obsessed with most of Wende's products and I just love the quick and easy tutorials on their YouTube.


I think it doesn't even look all that in-your-face in the end; I think I'd even wear a look like this to work, without the glitter then. I could easily pull it off on a day-to-day basis, but I thought it might be quite out there for some people, so this is a fun in-betweener for people that are not used to wearing colour all that much.


What do you guys think? As always, let me know your thoughts down below!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties