Make Up Haul

10:00

This is it. I'm officially broke now.

A few high end goodies have been purchased and a few good drugstore items are thrown in the mix as well. I literally needed to buy a new make up bag to be able to transport all my make up to the new place in Manchester.

Of course, no one needs this much make up. Of course I bought this over the course of the past month and a half (yes, my previous haul wasn't too long ago but it was photographed ages before. Planning in advance and all that jazz.) I've tried out all of these goodies to a certain extent already so I can give you a good opinion at this point.

Phew. Grab a cuppa. Here we go.



Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass palette

I'm not going to say too much about this one, a full review will be up on Sunday! I'm obsessed with this palette and I love experimenting with some bright colours. My absolute favourites are the terracotta matte shades and the coppery red one. Keep your eyes peeled for the review in two days!


Urban Decay 24/7 Gilde-On Eye Pencil in Asphyxia & Freak

I have been on the hunt for bright eyeliners for the past months and I finally made the plunge and bought two of these Urban Decay pencils. Asphyxia looked like the perfect addition to use in combination with my Urban Decay eyeshadows in Solstice and Tonic and I can't wait to create a Festival Make Up Look with this one. The bright green one is called Freak and looked like such a unique shade, I really couldn't find anything similar for cheaper. Both are amazing quality and pigmentation and I'm already obsessed.



NYX Liquid Crystal Liner - 106 Crystal Hip

I was looking for a good glitter liner but didn't want to spend too much money on it, since I'm probably only going to use it once ore twice. This one is the perfect one in my eyes (and ON my eyes, hehe). It's a white iridescent glitter, which suits most eyeshadow shades. Loving it a lot! I've got a pretty exciting make up look coming up using this one, so keep your little eyes peeled for that.


Nails Inc. Gel Effect - Porchester Square

I'm very into the muted colours on my nails right now. I purely picked this up for the colour, to be honest, as I couldn't find the Nailkale one in this shade. I've never tried any gel(effect) nail polishes before so I was kind of interested to try it out. I'm really happy with the staying power of this one. Can't complain!


Nails Inc. Nailkale - Montpelier Walk

I've tried this formula before and I really like the way they apply. I do need a good top coat for it to last though, but I can make it work. This soft dusty rose shade is gorgeous, I want to wear it every day...


Nails Inc. Leather - Old Compton Street

This is the only one of the three I haven't tried before. I'm excited about the greenish grey colour, I think it's so unique! I was also interested to see how the finish differs from the Nailkale, as I would have no clue what they mean by a "leather" finish. Will keep you updated on that one!


Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator - Gilded Honey

It's finally mine! This golden highlight will be perfect for summer. Right now it's still a little bit too dark, unless I really pile on the bronzer, but it's super gorgeous quality and pigmentation and I'm just in love. (Swatch is further down in this post)



Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer

I got to try out the Chocolate Soleil bronzer last year in a mini-packaging (well I still have that one, of course) and I loved it so much, but it only worked when I had a tan. The other 11 months of the year, it was just too dark. I was very eager to get my hands on the Milk Chocolate Soleil, but wanted to try it out IRL first. I went to Debenhams as soon as I arrived in Manchester 3 months ago but it was just always out of stock, until recently. This is just the perfect shade for me and I adore it so much! It's not too warm, but warm enough to act as an overall bronzer, yet it still has that ashy undertone to it which makes it possible to act as a contour as well. If I pile it on, it actually gets stuck on my lips and I can taste the cocoa in there. Guilty pleasure. Oops!


Benefit Hoola bronzer (mini)

I was surprised to see this mini Hoola - at 4 grams - was only £10 in Boots, whereas the full size - 8 grams - is like £23. That doesn't make sense, does it? Anyways, I picked it up as I'm currently trying to empty my full size one, and needed a back up. I figured this one would be great for traveling as well, it's super tiny!


Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer - 01 Blondes

Yes, another bronzer, I'm addicted okay.
I reckon maybelline will soon come out with more shades, probably darker ones, as this shade is called "Blondes". It's not very pigmented, but it's a super interesting one and I've been using it LOADS already! I can really build up the colour or go for a subtle bronzed look if I want. With this one I also have the choice between just using the matte one - which I usually do - or swirling it together with the shimmer bricks on the side, to create a gorgeous shimmery bronzer. If you have a darker skin tone or you use a really light hand, I think the shimmery bricks can be used as a highlighter on their own as well, if you're pale it would rather be a blush/bronzer used on its own. Definitely worth checking out, this one!

Swatches from left to right: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil - Benefit Hoola - Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer matte + swirled together

Swatches from left to right: Maybelline NY Bricks bronzer (bricks on their own) - Laura Geller Gilded Honey


Colourpop Super Shock Shadows - Flutes + Hammered

I finally got my hands on some Colourpop goodies! I've been dying to try out their eyeshadows and with a lack of other colours that were in stock on the website I ordered them from, I just picked up these two. Flutes is a gorgeous camel shade with a matte finish, Hammered is a dark green sparkley shade. They feel like a mousse texture when you put your finger in them, but turn to a powder once swatched/applied. I haven't got round to actually wear them on my eyelids, but I have high hopes for both of them!


Colourpop Lippie Stix - Hype Girl

A lot of hype has been going on about the Lippie Stix so I figured I should finally try them out. I haven't worn it yet for an entire day, but on first impression I'm actually not really impressed. This peachy pink matte shade feels quite drying on my lips and honestly, I think the smell is horrible. I guess they tried to give it a vanilla-y scent but they failed, badly, and it just smells quite chemical and plastic-y now. We'll see how it wears during the day.


Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip - Echo Park

Of course I had to pick up a liquid lipstick from the brand while I was at it. This is a beautiful mauvey pink shade and I must say I really love the finish of this one! The smell is not that noticeable as it is with the Lippie Stick, so that's always good. It feels really light and airy on the lips, but I have yet to put the longevity to the test.

I will definitely keep you all posted on all these Colourpop products, how they wear and last during the day. I'm super excited to play around with them!

Swatches from left to right: Super Shock Shadows in Flutes, Hammered, Lippie Stix in Hype Girl, Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park


Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara

I actually never wear waterproof mascara, as I hate getting it off in the evening, but my hay fever has been playing up for a while now and I figured I would need one like right now. If you follow me on snapchat (charlyofficial) you will know I bought this one AGES ago but I haven't touched it until recently. I had so many mascaras on rotation and I didn't want to dry it out unnecessarily. I love it just as much as the original one, although I think I might have a faulty one. There is loads of product stuck to the brush when I pull it out, so I think the little thing in the tube to prevent it from being loaded like that (does that even have a name?) is not working well. Nevermind, still like it! ;)


Maybelline LashSensational Luscious with oil blend

Ah, I finally got my hands on this one as well! I'm not using it yet, again, because I've got loads of others still to finish up first, but I'm very excited to see how well this one wears. I used to love the original one and I'm curious to see if this one is similar.



H&M Colour Essence Eye Pencil in Into The Blue

Another bright coloured eyeliner that I just can't wait to wear this one in summer and this is just the perfect addition to my collection and to encourage me to wear more colour on my eyes. I haven't been wearing this one that much, but I used it on my waterline in my 3 ways to wear blue eyeshadow post. See if you can spot it, I adore this colour ;)


H&M High Impact Eye Colour shadows in Act Your Beige, Russet Rose, Cocoa Mauve & Kobai Azalea

As you know I absolutely love the H&M eyeshadows and these are no exception. Act Your Beige is the perfect everyday soft shimmery lid colour, Russet Rose is a gorgeous shimmery copper shade, Cocoa Mauve is a stunning matte crease colour to smoke up any look and Kobai Azalea is yet another bright shade, bright fuchsia this time. A festival make up look is coming up using the fuchsia shade. I wear the other three a lot more though, they are gorgeous everyday shades and I get a lot of use out of them.


Swatches from left to right: Act Your Beige, Cocoa Mauve, Kobai Azalea, Russet Rose


Bumble & Bumble Prêt-à-Powder

Last but not least I picked up a hair product. I tried out the travel size of this one and it lasted me for over two months, which I was so impressed with, considering I use it every other day. When I went back to Boots to grab another travel size one (because really who wants to spend £22 on a dry shampoo, basically) they told me they don't do the travel sizes of this product anymore. F'ing hell, they literally made me spend the £22 on the full size anyways. I reckon this will last me for the rest of the year though, as you need the tiniest amount and there's so much in there, it's insane.



So now I just need to stop buying stuff and need to start saving up for important, life things. I might pick up a few bits here or there, but I'm really going to try not to give in to any impulse purchases for a while now. My purse is crying.



What have you bene trying out lately? Have you tried any of the product mentioned in this post? Let me know in the comments below!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties