May Beauty Favourites

10:00

Hi everyone!

It's the end of the month; that means it's monthly favourites time!
Let's jump straight in, shall we?

Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass palette

The most exciting release of the month must be the #UDinWonderland products. As I'm a big eyeshadow fan and a big Urban Decay fan, this product was bound to become  a favourite. I love the good mix of neutrals and brights in there. It may look scary at first, but it really has a lot of wearable shades in there. The browny, orangey and coppery shades are my favourites to use, of course. A full  review with swatches appeared on my blog last week, if you'd like to read all about it!


l'Oréal Infallible Mattifying Base

I had been dying to try out this primer for so long, as they don't sell it in Belgium and I just adore the foundation. It was one of the first things I picked up when I arrived in Manchester. I think it's such a good dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish primer and I love how it applies on my oily combination skin. I do think it wouldn't be bad for people with dry skin actually, as it doesn't feel like a dry consistency. I'd say go and try this one out if you can, it's totally worth it.


Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Another lovely release from Urban Decay, this tinted moisturizer type of base is such a good one to have for Spring and Summer. My skin is behaving rather well lately and I don't like to cake the make up on when I don't have to. I did a full review on it if you want to check that out. Surprisingly it works rather well with my skin type so I'm all about it right now.


Benefit Hoola brush

This was a total gimmick to buy, I admit, but I do really love this one a lot. Was it worth the money? Probs not, as I think the Real Techniques tapered blush brush might actually be very similar, but it's super soft and so fun to apply my bronzer with. On top of that, it just looks good in pictures. If you actually wash your brush, that is. #sorrynotsorry A dirty brush proves how much I've been using it, right?


Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer - 01 Blondes

I know this one only appeared in my Beauty Haul 10 days ago, but I've had this one for a while now. I love applying this with the Hoola brush mentioned above, actually. It's a lot more chalky than some of my other bronzers and it's definitely not as pigmented, but I love that I can apply a sheer wash of colour with this one, but build it up when I want to. I love having the option of going matte or shimmer, I love the shade - not ashy enough to contour but it's definitely not too orange either, just a lovely all over bronze colour. I'm guessing they will release more shades in this bronzer, hence the name. Very excited to see them added to the range.


Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette

I feel like this palette totally didn't suit this time of year, but I've been using it a lot nonetheless. It's been sitting on top of my make up storage the past month and whenever I wanted to do my eyeshadow really quick in the morning, I would always grab this one. I love how easy it is to use, and I almost never have to think about what shades to wear in which way when I use this; without thinking I'll go into the matte warm browns in the crease, the gold and bronze on the lid and the two first shades in the inner corners and on the brow bone. Standard, classic everyday look.
I did a review with swatches on this one ages ago, along with the Zoeva En Taupe palette, so click here if you want to go and see that.



Sorry about all the self-promo of previous posts, I just happen to do a lot of reviews on this blog whenever I really like - or dislike - a product, so I thought I would link you to them so I didn't have to repeat myself too much in this post. Hope you don't mind!


Let me know what your favourite make up / beauty products were this month in the comments below. A lot of releases are happening lately; I reckon my next favourites might be full of the new Benefit brow products coming out in June... Finally a Gimme Brow for every shade! Can't bloody wait...



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties