Urban Decay Naked Skin One & done: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

Today I want to talk about the new Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector. I recently got it while I was searching for a tinted moisturizer and want to give my honest review on it, as well as how it works with my oily-combination skin.

Everyone knows by now that I'm usually all about the full coverage foundations and matte finishes, because I have acne-prone oily-combination skin. I wanted to venture out and try a tinted moisturizer, just for when I'm having a good skin day but just want a little bit of something-something on my face.

The lady at the Urban Decay counter promised me it wouldn't make me oily. I was sceptical about it straight away, but really wanted to try it nonetheless.

I must say I really had to get used to the fact that it's not full coverage, but it blends into the skin so nicely and I can actually build it up to a medium coverage if I apply it in a few layers. It looks so natural and skin-like and I love that when I'm having a good skin day. It gives the rest of my make up a good base to cling to and it just makes my skin look a little bit more perfected, without looking like I'm wearing anything. 

The finish is not too dewy actually, which I thought was awesome. Most tinted moisturizers are and I was afraid I wouldn't get on with it, but it's quite a velvety finish. The best way for me to use this is when I powder it down with a powder foundation, because I do still get oily during the day and I hate having to powder and blot my make up back into place. Setting this base with a powder foundation helps me to control the oils and I don't get as oily with this combination. Although it doesn't NOT get oily, as the lady promised me. But I guess I'm used to that and I have never tried a foundation that keeps me from getting oily at all.


On packaging I'm not too sure actually. I love that it's a tube and I love that it comes with a pump, but as it's always standing up, I'm not sure how it will act as soon as the product comes below the little tube inside. You get me, right? It's usually on or the other, not both. We'll see how it behaves as soon as I've used more, but I'm not getting my hopes up and expect a lot of struggle as soon as it's half-empty. It's quite messy already, I must say, but I guess a tube travels a bit easier than a bottle.


Not sure how much you can see of it on the picture, but it just blends into the skin like a dream. The shade selection is not to brag about, but as it blends in so well I think most people can get away with at least one of the shades. The shade I have is the lightest one, called Light (obvs) and it looked quite dark and yellow at first, but once it blends in it's actually not too bad.


Does this gets a big thumbs up for me? Well, I really do like it but it still feels a bit weird for me to use such a light coverage foundation/tinted moisturizer. I guess I'll just have to get used to the idea and I'm definitely trying to find the right primer to make sure I don't get too oily with this one. Other than that I think it's a great base product for everyday and good skin days and I will definitely continue to use it to it's fullest potential.


Let me know in the comments if you've tried this one and how you get on with it, or if you are planning on picking it up and what your thoughts are after this review.




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties