Make Up Storage + Collection

10:00

Hey everyone!

After almost a month of living in my new place I'm proud to tell you I've got my make up storage sorted out! It's pretty basic, but I'm loving it a lot.

I let you have a little nosey in my drawers and will probably do an updated full make up collection post soon (if you all want to see that, let me know in the comments so I know if it's worth the effort...)


I had a good make up clear out recently and that really helped me to sort out my make up collection a lot. I hope you enjoy this post!

 

First thing on my little chest of drawers is my brushes. Yes, I always have to have them out and the easiest way to store them is in empty candle jars, mugs or pencil holders. The mug with my initial on is from Debenhams and the clear acrylic holder is from Muji. This one is a bit more narrow, so it's great for the smaller eyeshadow brushes.


I keep my perfumes on top of my acrylic drawer set, just because it's handy to have them there (and I also thought they looked pretty in front of the black and white frame.) In rotation are the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, the Jo Malone Blue Agave & Cacao and the Jo Malone Black Cedarwood & Juniper.


I store the make up I use on a daily basis or that I reach for the most in these clear acrylic drawers from Muji. These are still the best way to store make up, in my opinion. I'll show you around in these down below.


The top drawer contains all my mascaras - in rotation and in stock for later - and also a few of recently my most used lipsticks. Currently in use: the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascaras and the MaxFactor Voluptuous False Lash Effect mascara. A few Maybelline lipsticks, Mac Velvet Teddy, Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée and a ColourPop liquid lipstick.


The second drawer contains a few eyeliners and pencils from Mac and l'Oréal, brow pencils and gels from Anastasia and Benefit. Then there is the Benefit Sugarbomb and Hoola I'm using up for my Project Pan, and the Soap&Glory powder that's also in the project, and the Soap&Glory Solar Powder get the most use out of as possible.


The third and last drawer contains some back up powders from Nyx, Bourjois and Chanel, all my concealers including Collection, YSL, Bobbi Brown and BareMinerals, and a few small, neutral eyeshadow palettes I reach for on a daily basis from Urban Decay, Smashbox and Charlotte Tilbury.


Everything else I keep in the top 3 drawers of this Ikea unit. Skincare, base products, cheek products and palettes, eyeshadow palettes and other lip products.


The first drawer looks quite messy, but I will move my skin care down stairs soon when I have a little cupboard on my bathroom so I can keep my foundation in this drawer as well.

In the back I keep some bits and bobs like kabuki brushes I don't use, pencil sharpeners and a spare makeup sponge from Real Techniques.


At this point, the only make up I keep in this drawer is primers and setting sprays. A few of my favourite products out of this drawer: Chanel UV Essentiel SPF 30Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing primerThe Body Shop Lightening DropsNyx Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Sprayl'Oréal Infallible Mattifying Base and Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.


The next drawer has my foundations in the front, then bronzers, blushes and highlighters, and finally some cheek palettes and a makeup bag with all the other lipsticks I'm not using at the moment in the back.

I'm very aware I have way too many bronzers and blushes, so I'm not going too in-depth on the products. A few favourite picks in my collection are:


Foundations:
l'Oréal Nude Magique Cushion foundation, Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet foundation, Urban Decay Naked Skin One&Done tinted moisturizer and Too Faced Born This Way foundation.


Bronzers:
Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour DUO N°01, Too Faced Milk Chocolate, Hourglass Radiant Bronze Light and Mac x Ellie Goulding I'll Hold My Breath.


Blushes:
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush, Chanel Jardin De Chanel, Rimmel Lasting Finish in Santa Rose and MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve Pink.


Highlighters:
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone, Bobbi Brown Highlighting Power in Pink Glow, Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft&Gentle and Dior Skin Nude Air Illuminating Powder in 002 Glowing Gardens.


Cheek Palettes:
The Balm The Manizer Sisters, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze&Glow, Make Up Revolution Radiance Palette, Maybelline New York Bricks Bronzer in 01 Blondes.


Of course the most famous cheek palette of the moment in my collection is the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani one. Couldn't miss this out in this post, of course! Then a few other favourite lipsticks are Mac Sin, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm and Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in Melted Nude.


Lastly, my eyeshadow and eye pencil drawer is a complete mess. I can't even show you my favourite picks, as that would just be too much. If you guys are interested, let me know if you want to see a separate post on the contents of this drawer! 

You can see a few Zoeva palettes, my Mac palette, the Urban Decay Naked palettes, a few YSL ones, The Balm and Marc Jacobs.

In the make up bag are all my single eyeshadows - cream pots, cream sticks, powder eyeshadows... The little bag contains all the pencils and eyeliners and finally in the very back of this drawer are two sets of eyelashes I barely ever wear...


And that's basically where and how I store all my make up! Hope you enjoyed the little peak into my stash ;-)



If you're looking to other ways to store your beauty stash then visit MakeSpace for storage ideas and more.


See you soon everyone!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties