My Contour & Highlight Routine

10:00

Hey everyone!

For a while now I've been sticking to the same products for my contour, bronze and highlight and I thought I would talk you through my routine for today's post. I just realised all the products are high-end but there's a few tools included that are a bit less expensive as well.


After my base (foundation, concealer and powder) I'll go in with Benefit Hoola for my contour; this is always the first step for me. I like to apply it with the Sephora Pro Contour Brush 74, as it fits right into the hollows of my cheeks. It picks up quite a lot of product so I always tap it off before I apply it. I will apply it right underneath my cheek bones, then on my temples and around my forehead with a lighter hand, then I lightly contour my nose and finally I go all along the jaw bone and contour my double chin. (Yes, it's necessary).

Sometimes, if I'm in a rush, I skip the contour and just apply bronzer. If I do contour, I'll go over top with the bronzer in the exact same way as I would apply it if I didn't contour. I'll just go a bit heavier on the cheeks if I don't.

For bronzer lately I'm using the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour DUO N°01 with the big and fluffy Real Techniques Powder Brush. Depending on where I put the bronzer on my face, I'll dip into the lighter or the darker half of the compact, or when I'm lazy I just swirl them together. This powder is really pigmented and you really don't need much. So on my cheeks I'll concentrate more on the darker half, then on the temples and down my neck I'll usually dip the brush right in the middle of both and finally I put bronzer on my nose and high points of the cheeks (aka. sunstripping) with the lighter part to give me a natural bronzed look.

On a regular work / school day I usually apply a shimmery blush and skip the highlighter. I'm currently loving my Benefit Sugarbomb blush a lot. What I do is I apply it with my Sephora Pro Angled Blush Brush 49 on the apples of my cheeks, bring it upwards towards the temples and with whatever is left over on the brush, I'll highlight the bridge of my nose. By that time the pigment in the blush has transferred to my cheeks and only a bit of shimmer is left on there, which is perfect. (Extra tip if you own this blush: If you dip a pointed eyeshadow brush into the orange and purple side of this blush you can use it as a brow bone/inner corner highlight!)


If I can take the extra 5 minutes of effort or I'm going out in the evening, I will go in with highlighter. At this very moment I have two absolute favourites. For a natural healthy glow I will always use the Dior Skin Nude Air Illuminating Powder in 002 Glowing Gardens (which was a limited edition spring item, my apologies!) with the Real Techniques Setting Brush. I can't explain what this highlighter does, but in some light it looks like a liquid highlighter almost, so flawless and illuminating, but it's also the most natural highlight I've ever seen.

If I'm really going all out with my bronzer and I want an in-your-face highlight to go on top of that, I'll use the Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey instead. I can't wear this on a regular day, as it's just a tad too dark and too out-there, but on top of a bronzed face it works really well. I prefer to apply this one with my Zoeva 129 Luxe Fan Brush, so I don't go overboard.



What products and tools do you use for your contour and highlight? I'd love to hear your suggestions!




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties