Cushion foundation for oily skin?

10:00

Hey everyone!

I've always stayed away from cushion foundations. Something about them made me scream "no no no that's going to be way too dewy for my oily skin!" until I decided to try out the l'Oréal Nude Magique Cushion foundation.

My life has changed. Or at least, my opinion.

I have mine in the shade 04 Rose Vanilla, which is the perfect match for me. I think this really helped me see this product in a positive light, because I can get away with this shade quite well. If it happens to go patchy, you don't see it all too much, as it matches my skin well.

Now I usually apply this with my Real Techniques Stippling brush, just because I see everyone do this, but I must say the little pad that comes with it is not too bad for on the go and actually gives me more coverage than a brush does.



The formula is quite wet and dewy, yet it's not too dewy on my skin, especially after I set it with powder. Every foundation will show a bit of my oiliness after a good 6 hours, so I don't mind this one doing it. The coverage is medium, but pretty buildable in my opinion. Something I never would have thought from a cushion foundation! It is very lightweight as well, so I'll use this one whenever I have a good skin day or when I don't feel like caking on the make up.

The staying power on me is quite good actually, far better than I expected. Although, like I said, I will look oily after a day of work, but most foundations can't control the oils on my face anyways, so I'll take it. I think this is a great one for combination-oily skin, as it doesn't cling to dry patches at all!


Lastly, I quickly want to mention the Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil as well. Also from l'Oréal, this bronzer only comes in one shade though. I can see it being quite orange for some people, but I can just about get away with it. I don't like applying this one with the pad, as I can't control where I put the bronzer that way and I'm more able to blend it out with a stippling brush.

The foundation and bronzer are both £14.99 at Boots. I think it's quite expensive for the amount of product in here, as I do still think the cushion is quite gimmicky, but it's a nice one to try out. Do you really need it? Maybe not, although I've definitely changed my opinion on cushion foundations in general.


Have you tried a cushion foundation before? Or this one in particular? What did you think about it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties