Another Makeup Clear Out!

10:00

Hey everyone!

Not too long ago I had a make up clear out. Clearly, I missed a lot, as I've found another batch of make up that I really don't use all that much anymore and that I think definitely deserves a better home.

 

I've come to the conclusion that even though the shades are amazing, I really don't ever use my cream blushes anymore. There's the H&M Pure Velvet Cream Blusher in Dusty Rose that I've only used a handful of times, the Kiko Rebel Bouncy Blush in 01 Velvet Peach that I've used loads but just don't ever touch these days, and the Bourjois Cream Blush in 04 Sweet Cherry that is super handy to travel with, but just sits there in my collection. All three are lovely products so I will find a better home for them.

I've always wanted to try a loose powder to try the baking trend, but it's just not for me. I think it's messy to use this product, so I'm giving my Nyx HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder to someone that gets on with it.

I bought the Kiko Soft Touch Blush in 106 as a versatile blush/bronzer product, unfortunately I just never reach for it. I think it's a great blush for deeper skin tones though.

I picked up the H&M Glow-To-Go Highlighter Stick in Imperial Topaz on a whim and definitely in the wrong lighting. It's way too dark for me to wear as a highlighter, and I tried to wear it as an eyeshadow but again, just never reach for it. I'm sure someone else will make it work.

Lastly for cheek products I have the wonderful Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer in 01 Blondes. I absolutely love using this, but I have so many other bronzers and I forced myself to get rid of at least one of them. It's a great one for lighter skin tones and I have just the right friend to give this to.



Oh my, I have so many single eyeshadows and I hardly get to use them. I prefer using my palettes anyways, and the shades I'm about to get rid of, I definitely have a dupe for somewhere else in my collection. There's the l'Oréal Color Riche l'Ombre Pure in 502 Quartz Fumé that I know has an exact colour match in the Urban Decay Naked palette and the one in 307 Argentic probably has a color match in one of my other palettes somewhere. The Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick in 103 Pure Turquoise has been a good'un but I just don't see the point in keeping this. The Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect in Vintage Plum and Chocolate Suède are both going as well, because I wear a lot less cream shadow these days and these ones are just the least used ones.

There's two Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows that are perfectly fine and gorgeous but never get used. 120 Satina Van Der Woodsen is a gorgeous glittery champagne and 020 Gold 'n Roses is the same in pink. Both beautiful and both better off in someone else's collection. I absolutely adore the H&M High Impact Eye Colour shadows, but the one in Antracite just never gets used. I did buy a H&M shadow in bright yellow recently, so I guess my Park Avenue Eye Shadow in 09 Sunflower can go as well.

The Kiko Long Lasting sticks have always been so good to me, but this one shade in 06 (I believe it's called bronze) is so similar to the Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, there's no point keeping it really. Then a brow pencil I just can't get on with is the Maybelline Brow Satin in Medium Brown. The shade has always been too dark for me and I'm not sure why I picked it up in the first place. I tried to make the sponge end work but it's not for me. Two eye pencils to close off the eye products: the Kiko Automatic Precision Eyeliner and Khôl in 712 is a true matte purple shade. Gorgeous, but a little too light as a pencil for my liking. Then I've had the Mac Softsparkle Eye Pencil in Nightsky for ages. Never really used it a lot, as it has glitter in it. Might just give it to a friend then.



I'm not sure why I held onto this Maybelline ColorSensational Matte lipstick in 930 Nude Embrace for that long. It's too pale for me and I just don't get on with it. The Kiko Smart Lip Pencil in 712 is one I used to wear nearly every day, even on its own, but I just don't wear any lip liners anymore. I'm not sure what made me throw this out but it feels good not to hold onto things for too long.

A few nail polishes I'm giving away: the Ciaté Paint Pot Nail Polish in 525 Rain Check is beautiful, but I never wear a colour this dark on my nails. Then I have a few purple shades in my collection and decided to get rid of two of them. The Essie polish in Merino Cool is a gorgeous toned down lavender that I loved wearing in Autumn, and Essie polish in Bikini So Teeny is the summer version of that. Both are still very good to use and will definitely get a lot of love from a friend.


I feel like my make up collection is a more manageable size now. I still have too much make up, don't get me wrong, but I've purged it out to all the favourites.


Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have ever tried one of these products and why you love or hate them.




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties