Beauty Haul

10:00

Hey everyone!

For those of you who didn't know, I was on a spending ban for the entire summer.
I made a few cheat-purchases but definitely cut down on the expenses that usually go to make up.

I made a wish list the other day, and for some reason that has changed over the past month already. I'm constantly amending it because of new releases in the beauty world.

These are the beauty things I've been picking up in September.


Philosophy Hope in a Jar eye cream

I've never actually tried anything from Philosophy and I've heard such great stuff about the Hope in a Jar moisturiser. However I have quite oily skin so it never really interested me to pick it up. I did think the eye cream might come in handy to keep the under-eye area moisturised. I'm still finishing up the one I'm using right now, but I'm excited to try this one out.


Maybelline Fit Me! Matte+Poreless foundation - 110 Porcelain

I've heard many YouTubers with oily skin rave about this foundation and it finally landed in the UK! Again, I'm using so many other foundations at the moment and I haven't got round to trying this one, but my bet is that it will suit me very well.


Kiko Blush Cocoa Shock - 02 Silky Rose and Mauve

Something I did use a lot this past few weeks already is this gorgeous, chocolate-scented blush duo. It's super pigmented and the colours are quite different to anything I own already. It was one of the first products I picked up after my spending ban was over.


Makeup Revolution PRO Illuminate highlighter

This must be an all time favourite for everyone, as this highlighter is just always out of stock! I finally got my hands on it and it will probably last me for ages. When I swatched it in store it immediately made me think of my The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer in terms of shade and pigmentation. I think this might be a winner.


Maybelline The Rock Nudes eyeshadow palette

Ever since this came out in the States I was eagerly awaiting for it to come to the UK. This palette is the reason why I don't need the Urban Decay Naked Smoky. The quality of these eyeshadows is great and there's such a good variety in colours as well. My favourite is definitely the dark shimmery khaki shade. I don't wear shades like this often, but it's good to have at least one palette that can give me a classic smoky look.


Estée Lauder Little Black Liner

Another one I've been putting off buying for ages because of the price, but then found at duty-free when I travelled back home in the beginning of September. I only use it with the paddle-shaped end, as I have plenty of other black liners with a felt tip, but so far so good. I really like the formula!


Eyeko Black Magic Liquid Liner

Another eyeliner, yes, and it's not the last one in this haul. I'm kind of just buying things I can't get in Belgium, so I thought I might as well stock up. This one has a brush tip, which normally is not really for me, but I'm excited to give this one a go. I've heard great things about Eyeko's formula so I will definitely report back on that as soon as I try this one out.


Too Faced Sketch Marker - Deep Navy Blue

Not a black liner this time, as I really wanted to own a navy one anyways. It looked amazing when I swatched it in store so I'm definitely excited about this one. I'm going to try and use up the coloured eyeliners I already have open first, so nothing goes to waste, but I can't wait to be wearing this in winter.


Topshop Lip Liner - Ceramic

This gorgeous browny nude lip liner will literally suit any lippie I own! It's been ages since I've worn lip liner, but this definitely got me back into it. It's already becoming a staple in my collection.


Topshop Lipstick - Naturist

I've always wanted to try Topshop lipsticks and I finally got round to checking them out. At first, another shade caught my eye, but I soon realised it would probably be too similar to my Mac Velvet Teddy, so then I was drawn to this more cool-toned version of it after that. This gorgeous mauvey nude shade is perfect for winter, I feel, and the formula is amazing and so comfortable to wear.


Nyx Lingerie Liquid Lipstick - 09 Corset

I picked this up in a whim and after trying it out a few times, I'm not sure what to think about it. I think I just made the wrong choice of colour, although it comes in handy to do more cool-toned greige looks on my blog. I'm not too excited about the formula, as I find I need to build it up quite a bit to have the pigmentation I want, but it feels very uncomfortable when I do. It's still a good one to have around and maybe wear underneath or on top of something warmer toned.


Tanya Burr Matte Nail Polish - Soft Pyjamas

It's the first time I ever try anything from Tanya's line, although I always wanted to try out the nail polish ever since she started her line. Since she re-did the packaging I'm even more attracted to them, but never really found a shade in store that spoke to me. Now I spotted this matte formula and finally picked up a shade I can try out. I'm obsessed with matte nail polish at the moment so I can't wait to give it a go.


Real Techniques Mini Miracle Eraser Sponges

I could resist picking up these tiny little miracle sponges and I've been using them a ton! Dry or dampened, these are so good to have around when your concealer just won't blend or you made a little mistake with your eyeshadow or mascara.


Urban Decay brushes - F105 Optical Blurring, E208 Smoky Smudger, E209 Tapered Blending

Urban Decay recently re-vamped their brush line and Oh. My. God. It is stunning! The handles are made out of recycled plastic and they are super lightweight, which makes them very travel-friendly.

The Optical Blurring brush is one for foundation. It's the kind of brush I prefer anyways, the rounded buffing brushes just work best for my particular skin. My Zoeva one gets used so much that I think I might replace it soon with this one. This one from Urban Decay just feels super soft and high quality and I can't wait to be using it.

Then there's the two eyeshadow brushes, both of which feel a lot more luxurious than the brushes that usually come in UD's palettes. Most of them are really good quality anyways, but I've never seen anything like the two of these before. The smudger one is a round, dense brush that I can see working very well to smudge out eyeliner or eyeshadow, concentrate darker eyeshadow in the outer corners or even put highlighter in the inner corners. The Tapered Blending brush is just what it says; good for blending and crease-shading, and because it's tapered you can work very precisely into the crease and outer V of the eyelids. Reminds me of my Sephora one, but slimmer. I'm super excited to be using them, as they basically cost me an arm and a leg.



And that, ladies and gentlemen, is everything! Phew. You know I'm terrible when I'm not on a spending ban. Maybe I should just not buy any make up anymore. Although I do still need to finish that list I made...



Let me know if you own any of these products and how you like them in the comments below.




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties