2016 Beauty Favourites

10:00

Tomorrow is a new year!

Let's have a round up of all the products I've been loving most in 2016.


primer: Clinique Super Primer (not in picture)

I've been trying out loads and loads of different primers this year. I must say the Clinique one will still be my favourite. I don't own one now, but I will definitely pick one up again very soon.


foundation: Too Faced Born This Way

Out of all foundations I've tried in 2016, this must be the one that works best for me. Sure, I didn't get the right shade, but the undertone is perfect for me and it's nothing that my Body Shop Lightening Drops can't fix. The formula is stunning and sits so well on my skin.


concealer: BareMinerals BareSkin concealer (not in picture)

I used this one up a while back and I was so impressed by the formula of it... a little goes a long way and it covers up my spots so well. It's super lightweight, yet stays on for so long. I liked it so much, I accidentally put it in two consecutive favourites posts this year!


powder: Bourjois Java Rice powder

This oldie never goes out of style. To set my undereye concealer, this must be my all-round favourite to do that. Feels like it's never going to run out as well! It's almost magic.


contour: Benefit Hoola

You will have seen this one in my Project Pan for a looong time. That's because it lasts a lifetime. I've literally owned this one for over two years and used it almost every single day and it's finally on its lats legs. The shade is perfect for contouring for me.


bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronzer

I'm so happy with this bronzer in my life, and couldn't imagine my routine without it lately. The shade is perfect, the formula is great and it's not even expensive. How glad I would be to repurchase this as soon as it runs out... (which believe me, won't be in the next year, probably).


blush: Benefit Dandelion

I've used this one up in my Project Pan before. Just like the Hoola bronzer, this took sooo long to finish up. I loved it so much I bought a mini-version as a backup (as I have so many other blushes to use as well...)


highlighter: Dior Diorskin Nude Air Illuminating Powder - 002 Glowing Nude

Ironically, one of my friends that also owns this highlighter, asked me: "You know a lot about make up, so which highlighter would you say is even better/prettier than the Dior one we have?" ... I must say, I couldn't think of any! The shade of this one is so pretty. This one was from the Spring 2016 collection, but I believe they brought is back in the Summer collection as well. Rightfully so, because it's so beautiful.


brow product: Soap&Glory Archery - Love Is Blonde (aka. Blondeshell)

For some reason they changed the name of this shade, but hey. It's still the same colour. I never thought it would work as well for me as it does. It gives me the most natural looking eyebrows of all times! I don't prefer the formula over the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but I do think it comes pretty damn close.


eye primer: Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

My one and only, this primer is the best I've ever tried and I won't go back to any other. Too bad it's not as easy to get my hands on in Belgium, but I'd be happy to make a trip to the UK just for this product alone. It makes my eyeshadow last like no other primer does.


eyeshadow single: H&M Ginger Snap

We've had some rough patches, but this eyeshadow is finally back in my collection. Remember how it broke during my travel to Manchester back in February? That was heartbreaking. It's such an amazing rusty shade: not too glittery and super pigmented.


eyeshadow palette: Zoeva Cocoa Blend

I'm sure out of all the palettes I've bought in 2016, I've used this one the most. How could I not, it's such a stunner! The shade selection is top notch and the quality of the shadows is next to perfect. I'm so happy they added new palettes to this collection and I'm already enjoying those ones a lot as well!


eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof

The one and only eyeliner that stays put when a stream of water splashed on you. Tested and approved! It's super easy to work with and it stays put all day.


mascara: Maybelline The Colossal

It was not my year for high-end mascaras. If I think back on all the mascaras I've used in 2016, I think that this one is the one I enjoyed most overall. It' simple but effective and I can always rely on it. I recently stocked up on it before coming back to Belgium and I'm very excited to bring it back into my routine.


lippie: Mac Velvet Teddy

The shade that I've enjoyed most overall must definitely be this one. Even though it was a tie-up between this and the Maybelline ColorSensational in 230, which I think I've worn more in 2016 than any other lipstick. I do still prefer Mac Velvet Teddy and it literally goes with every eye look I do.



Let me know some of your favourite products of 2016 in the comments below!




I wish you all a wonderful NYE and a happy 2017.
Have a good one!



Big love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties