NYE Make Up Look

10:00

Hey everyone!
So some of you may have seen I recently added the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette to my collection. I thought this was a good excuse to experiment with it and create a sultry smokey NYE make up look for you.


I started out by priming my eyelids then set down the base with the shade Combust, a matte dusty rose shade. On the browbone I applied Thirteen, the matte male shade on the end of the palette.

In the crease I started with building up the shade Password, a true matte grey shade. This shade is great for blending out any edges and belongs in every smokey eye look. I applied it in the entire crease, even into the inner corners and also the outer V, to get that initial shape and darkness around the eyes.

On the lid I applied Dagger, a metallic grey with a blue undertone. I also dragged it along the lower lash line, blending that out afterwards with Password again. To darken up the edges a little bit I went in with Black Market on a small crease brush. Nothing too major, but just to give that extra bit of definition. On the inner corners, finally, I apply the shade High, a shimmery highlight shade, just to open up the area and make the look a bit lighter. I find that this step is necessary especially with a smokey eye look.

Then for the fun bit (or messy bit, whatever). I took the Tanya Burr Eye Shimmer Pot in Snow Day, a white glitter with blue undertones in it, and with a bit of the Nyx Lid Laquer I applied it in the centre of the eyelids. Be careful with applying glitter glue or other primer over top of your powder eyeshadow, as you can see I kind of messed up my left eye already by doing so.

I went in with my Estée Lauder Little Black Liner, as this is super easy to apply with the double ended tip. For that crazy lash look I used the l'Oréal Mega Volume Miss Hippie. On the lips I applied Smashbox Safe Word and because it looked a bit too matte after all, decided last-minute to add a lipgloss overtop. I haven't really jumped on the bandwagon with the metallic lips yet but I guess that would look fabulous with this look as well!

PS: it had been ages since I'd worn highlighter on my face. I went with a subtle blush, Cindy-Lou Manizer and an in-your-face highlighter, Mary-Lou Manizer, both from The Balm.




Hope you all have a wonderful NYE! 
I'm ending this blogging year with my 2016 favourites on Saturday so keep your eyes peeled for that.



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties