Current Skin Care Routine

10:00

Hey everyone!

I noticed I never really blog about skincare all that much. That is, mostly, because I don't know anything about it, really. I usually stick to the products I know, and if I change it up a bit, I will try something out and then stick to that product again. I don't hoard skincare products like I do makeup.

My skin type is combination oily, with sometimes dry patches of acne scarring. It's quite difficult to find the right products for my skin type, to be honest, especially during winter time.

I did want to give you a little insight into my routine, morning and evening, as I find I have a good one going on at the moment.


MORNING


In the morning I don't do loads. I've been told that you don't have do your whole cleansing routine in the morning, as your skin can get quite irritated if you cleanse it too often (even if you have oily skin!) What I do to get rid of the oils that were produced during the night is take a bit of the l'Occitane Gentle Toner on a cotton pad and run it along my T-zone. This one is a mini I got in my Advent Calendar, but I'm definitely planning on getting the full size soon. It's gentle enough, but also strong enough to just get rid of those oils and start the day with a clear skin.

Then all I do is apply eye cream and a moisturiser. Eye creams change up for me all the time. The one I'm currently using is the Philosophy Hope In a Jar Eye cream. As this one's almost finished, I have a backup of the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to use next. Both of them I love a lot. On days where I haven't slept well and I need that bit of extra brightening underneath the eyes, I will go in with the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector with SPF 30. It's moisturising enough to use on its own as an eye cream, but will give that extra bit of coverage straight away before you even go in with makeup.

For my face I'm currently using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream. It doesn't make my skin greasy, but gives it the right amount of moisture for the day. When I need a bit of extra help to replenish my skin, I will use the Kiehl's Skin Rescuer. It's supposed to help get rid of redness and marks of skin skin fatigue. This bottle lasts me forever, I swear. It's one of those products I will always have in my collection, no matter what.


EVENING


When I come home, I usually take my makeup off straight away. I normally take my makeup off with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. When I'm wearing a more waterproof mascara or eyeliner, I will use the Oil-Infused version to remove my eye makeup. Yes, I've tried Bioderma and yes, the Garnier one is just as good.


Then to cleanse my skin I'm currently using the Ren Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser (what a tongue twister) on recommendation of Jasmine. This one feels perfect for my oily combination skin: it doesn't dry it out too much, yet it gets rid of the oils so well. I remove the cleanser with a damp Luxury Facial Flannel from The Body Shop.


On days where I feel like my skin needs a bit of extra makeup removing or I can feel some texture coming up, I will go on with The Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub. This one is so soft for my skin and it feels super refreshing.

After cleansing I go in with toner. I'm using The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner. It gets rid of that last bit of foundation that was stuck in my pores or fine lines. I absolutely adore this range of products. As you can tell: I also always have a Tea Tree Oil on hand, for when breakouts are starting to appear. If so, this is the point where I will apply the oil to the spots and let it sink in for a few minutes.


While I'm waiting for that, I will apply my eye cream for the night. I'm using the Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment at the moment.

After I sucked all the moisture out of my face, it's time to get it back in there. I can't live without my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. I will apply this on its own, or mixed in with the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I simply do this because this way it's easier to apply the dry oil to my face.


When I'm not using the concentrate, I will finish my evening skin care routine with the Ren Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial. I've heard you're supposed to apply this after serum and before moisturiser, but then I'm not using any serums so I just put it on top of my moisturiser after that one has sunk in. It has worked well for me so far, although I don't apply it every single evening.


Last but not least: face masks. The only one I'm using lately is the Ren Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask. It's quite a harsh one that takes away the entire top layer of your skin to renew it. I don't do masks often anyways, so whenever I do, this is the one I go for.


If you have any face mask recommendations for my skin type (don't say GlamGlow SuperMud because I have tried that one and it makes me break out terribly) you are more than welcome to leave them in the comments below.



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties