Things I struggle with as a blogger

10:00

Hey peeps!

So, I like to think I have the blogging thing sorted. My photography is better than average, I write medium-length articles that I like to structure well and I have always had a clear schedule I stick to as far as I can.

Then what makes me such a terrible blogger? You're here to find out.

In this photo is Jasmine's blog, Jasmine Talks Beauty. One of the only blogs I actually still read. Check her out!
1. I don't promote my posts a lot

I used to be on top of my game, pre-scheduling tweets in order to promote my new (and older but recent) blogposts. However, I've gotten so lazy with it and I kind of stopped caring so much. A post from bloglovin' automatically posts to twitter whenever a new post goes live, I post on my instagram once or twice but that's about it. I suck at getting more views and it's just because I can't be bothered.


2. I don't comment on other people's blog

Or interacting with anyone's blog in any way, shape or form. I used to go through my bookmarked blogs every day when I first started out, but again, for some reason I always have better things to do. It's a miracle I get the odd one or two comments on eveyr blog post, because leaving genuine comments on people's blogs will bring me back the comments as well and create interaction. I've been blogging for over two years now and I thought by now, people would come to my blog by themselves to leave a comment. It's not like I've ever been away from my blog; I've always kept blogging consistently. But ever since I stopped daily blogging, I also stopped reading other blogs. And I have no idea why.


3. I don't participate in twitter chats

See, this is where you get part of a community and get noticed by people you wouldn't come across otherwise. It's also a great way to get more knowledge about particular blogging things, as well as to get to know new people and make friends, to help and support each other. Interaction is key in the blogging world and for some reason, I'm a very anti-social media person when it comes to my blog.



I need your help, guys. Tell me how I can get more motivated to read your blogs again and participate in the conversations, without going "bleh, it's not like my blog matters". I'm struggling and it's one of the reasons why I'm falling out of love with blogging... 




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties