Life Update: New Job & Allergies :(

10:00

Hey everyone!

Long time no speak. Properly.

I have been working at my new job for a little over a month now, so I'd love to tell you about it.
Also: brand new allergies have made their way into my life. It can possibly mean I won't be able to wear makeup anymore. *dramaqueen*


A NEW JOB!

So I'm part of an interior design team for about a month now. The job is great. The people are lovely. The work is hard, but it's fun. It's what I've studied for, and what I initially went to Manchester for as an intern.

It's fun to be part of a team that really supports me. Of course I have no clue what I'm doing (yet) but I'm hoping I will learn fast and pick up on everything soon. You really only learn on the job, and this proves that what they teach you in school has nothing to do with real life.

Before I joined them, the team had the opportunity to design pop-up restaurants for a game-show on tv here in Belgium. I'm bummed that I couldn't join them in that experience, but it's so nice to see what they have achieved on national television and I'm proud to be part of this group of people. I hope that there will be a lot of exciting projects in the future that I can work on as well.


ALLERGIES SUCK

In other news: I have discovered that I'm allergic to something. Not sure what it is, but it's mainly my eyes that are reacting to it. They get very itchy and watery, and they produce a lot of slimes - eye boogers, almost. Ha.

It could be anything, really. Obvious would be something to do with my beauty routine: it could be my makeup remover (micellar water maybe?) or my eye cream, or maybe my mascara, eyeliner, concealer, foundation, highlighter... Hell, for all I know it could be my shampoo, perfume or even washing powder...

It's a long process to find out what exactly it is that I'm reacting to. It's positive that I'm using a lot of different products from a lot of different brands, but if there's one ingredient that is consistently in all of them (I can imagine e.g. mascara and eyeliner have similar substances in them) it might take me a long time to find out what exactly it is that I need to stop wearing (or find a hypo-allergenic alternative). 

I've not worn any eye make up for 3 weeks now (WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS by the way. You all know how much I love my eye makeup), and I'm also skipping the micellar water right now. If the reaction disappears, I know it's something in my eye makeup or my remover. If not, I know it might be something in my face makeup - or maybe my brow pencil?

I have a looooong way to go, trying to find out what exactly is causing this reaction. Because I have to give everything at least 2 weeks to see if the reaction disappears by not wearing a certain product, and considering how many products I have to test out, it will take me forever. All the while, my eyes are still itchy. You see my struggle here??



Anyways, that's a quick little update.
I want to know what you've been up to lately. If you've made it this far, please let me know how you have been doing?



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties