Products I do not get on with

10:00

Sometimes I try out new products (well, a lot of times) and most of the time they work well on me, as I know what kind of products work for my skin type or tone and which shades suit me best.

Sometimes, though, I get to try products that I unfortunately don't get on with. These are a few of them - and just to be clear, I'm not declaring that these are bad products. I will explain you why I personally don't like to use them or why they don't work the way I was expecting them to.



Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil

I'm usually not a fan of cleansing oils. I tend to stay far away from oil-based products in general, as I have quite an oily skin already. I do really like the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and it's the first oil that I have ever loved. I thought because of this, I might like the new cleansing oil version of this as well, maybe. I asked for a sample, and luckily I didn't buy the full-size, because I just do not get on with it. I still don't get how people find it so easy to rub everything together on their face - to me it seems really unhygienic and I don't feel good about smearing everything around before washing it off. I had hoped I would get on with cleansing oils better after trying this one, but it couldn't convince me. Too bad. If you are a fan of cleansing oils, I'm sure you will love this one though, but I guess it's just not my type of product.


Ren V-cense Revitalising Night Cream

Actually, I really do like the formula of this cream. I just can't bring myself to use up this entire sample-size, just for the smell. It smells very strong - and I mean in a really bad way! To me it smells very chemical and sharp, it's just not pleasing to use this so close to my nose :-) I'm sorry Ren, it's not me, it's you. Your other products smell delicious, this one is just a no-no for me.


ColourPop Crème Gel Liner - Bee Sting

I adore this colour and it's super pigmented. It's also very cheap. So then, why do I hate it so much? It's the formula itself. I literally used this TWICE and broke the very end off ALSO TWICE. It wasn't even twisted up that much, not as much as I would have thought could break off. I'm very paranoid with stuff like this. Still, it broke off, and the formula is just way too soft. I have to be really careful when I use this one next!



I know they are just little annoyances, and I really regret that about these products - but hey, not everything is made for everyone, right? Let me know in the comments what products you just don't tend to get on with.




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties