Life Update

10:00

Hey everyone!

Just a little over a week and my holidays are over.
By now you will have seen a post of my first week of holidays, where Alice came to visit.

As you are reading this, I'm probably driving back home from a week in France.
Next Monday I'm going to Budapest with my friends.

I have to make the most of my 3 week holiday, don't I? ;-)


Work

I've been at this company for a little over 5 months now. Sometimes it can feel as if I've been there my entire life. Sometimes it still feels as if it's my first week. I guess I'm getting used to the regular stuff to deal with, but of course there's still so much to learn. I really love getting to know more about the work I do, how it all works and most of all, to deal with clients. I'm still so happy with the kind of projects we do, they are so interesting and I learn a lot from doing them. Starting the second week of July, in Belgium, everyone that's involved in the building sector takes a 3 week holiday at the same time. This is to make sure that on-site projects do not get postponed or held up by different companies taking holidays at different times. This is the most expensive 3 weeks to go on holiday, too, but hey: that's the sacrifice we have to make if we want to do interior design! As you can tell I'm making the most of them.


Allergy update

I've been trying to find out what causes my eyes to water and itch and produce slimes, it's really not fun to be rubbing my eyes out every single day. I have scheduled an appointment to get the allergy tests in the first week of August. They will put some strips on my back, and will put a few of the products that I think it might be, plus some really concentrated ingredients on there, and after 5 days they will take them off and will see which ingredients reacted and which ones didn't. It's possible that none of them react on my skin, as it's my eyes that get itchy, not my skin. Time will only tell, but I can't wait to find out.


Music

My resolution to focus more on my music and less on my blog, has not turned out great. True, I've found my blogging mojo back and I've been scheduling posts like a crazy person. I've been involved in the choir-situation again, so a lot of my time went to writing scores and preparing our rehearsals and the final concert as well. I feel bummed that I haven't taken the time to work on my own music, even if it was just to record some cover songs. I did however record ONE cover recently, as one of our national radio stations was holding a contest to win a guitar signed by Ed Sheeran. You can go and check out my music at youtube.com/c/charlineofficial or soundcloud.com/charlineofficial if you're interested.


Makeup

I am so happy to tell you that I've managed to control my makeup spending in the last months! I'm so focused on keeping my collection streamlined and using up the products I already own, I can honestly contain myself to buy another bronzer just by thinking "oh well you have so many others that you probably can't even use up in the next few years, why would you need this one?" I'm actually proud of myself, and it feels so good to know I'm not that much of a makeup hoarder anymore! I did pick up some bits in the last months that I can't wait to share with you in a haul post soon. Tip of the iceberg, I've posted a pic on instagram yesterday sharing the bits I bought at Sephora in France. Here they are:



There's really not much else going on at the moment. I will share my holiday pics at the beginning of August, just so I can take a bit of time to go through all of them. Until then, I'm signing off. Posts will go up as normal, and I will try my best to remember you guys on instagram when they do. I'll get back to replying to comments after I get back from Budapest!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties