"no-makeup" makeup look

10:00

Hey everyone!

Lately, I've been wearing my makeup a little bit different than I would usually do. In the summer I tend to grab for lighter bases, but you all know how much I need full-coverage products to hide my spots.

In today's post I share with you how I achieve a no-makeup makeup look while still being able to make my skin look healthy and flawless.



So for me, looking like you're not wearing makeup is tough. Key is to make sure your base is evened out and looks natural. It's all quite tough if you have oily skin like me, as you know I have to powder everything down! I'm keeping the powder minimal today, so I need to make sure my skin is well prepped.

I start of with the Nars Pore&Shine Control Primer, which will mattify my skin a little bit before going in with any other product, and will make sure my base products stay put for a longer time.

Then I'm applying a light layer of the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue. I'm in the shade Vanilla 02. This tinted moisturiser with SPF 30 is the perfect one for this time of year. Even though the girls in store didn't really recommend it for my skin type, I'm sure that if you only put on a light layer, it won't make you look greasy, if only you powder in the right areas. This base gives a light coverage, meaning that it evens out my skin tone and gives it a bit of a healthy looking tint, yet it will still show through my imperfections.

To cover up those spots and dark areas underneath the eyes, I will conceal in the areas where I need it. No full-coverage face, just target the tiny areas that need that little bit of extra coverage. To hide my dark circles and highlight my undereye area, I'm using the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30. This is technically an eye cream, but it's not hydrating enough for me, so I use it more as a corrector/concealer. So much so, that I even use it in certain other areas on my face, to naturally highlight. I mainly concentrate it underneath my eyes, and whatever is left on my finger I put in the centre of my forehead and down the bridge of my nose.

For the spots on my chin and cheeks I go in with a more heavy-duty concealer. My absolute favourite since a long time has been the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer, I'm using the shade Light Warm. It's high coverage, but doesn't feel heavy. I tap in the concealer with a small buffing brush, so it really covers up the redness of my spots.

Then of course, I need a little bit of powder to make sure my concealer doesn't crease. I'm only going over the areas that really need it. With the Real Techniques setting brush, I take a bit of the Nyx Highlight&Contour Pro Single in 02 Soft Light, which is technically a highlighting powder. I set my undereye area, the centre of my forehead, the creases around my nose and finally my chin. Everything else can stay looking glowy and dewy, but to make sure nothing moves around I spray some Nyx Matte Finish Setting Spray on my entire face.


I'm using a liquid bronzer today, which is why I didn't set my entire face with powder. With a stippling brush, I dip into the L'Oréal Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil. This bronzer is amazing for that faux-tanned look. It gives me that glowy bronze-goddess look, and even though it looks scary when you first apply it, after buffing it in it looks really natural. 


No blush for me today! I've done well with the bronzer so I don't feel like I need it. I won't always use highlighter after this, but I am today. With the Benefit Watt's Up highlighter stick, I highlight my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose, and make sure everything is buffed in seamlessly. This will add to the natural glow-effect, without it looking too much as if I'm wearing makeup.

Of course I always do my brows. I'm not putting too much effort in them today, just to stick to that no-makeup-look-idea. Just where I need it, I fill in the sparse areas with the Benefit Precisely My Brow pencil in shade 2, then put my brow hairs in place with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. I could never skip this step!

A step I do skip when I don't feel like doing too much, is mascara. I just curl my lashes, and voila!
Lastly, I do put on a little bit of nude lipstick. I'm using the MACxFleurDeForce lipstick in Cool Beige, a cremesheen formula. It really finished off the look.




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties